News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

North Alabama Vintage Riders Digest for January 27, 2018

Started by renchinrider, January 31, 2018, 08:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renchinrider

Hi, Everyone!

Last Saturday was a great, event-filled day, with actions both in Huntsville and in Florida.  I've enclosed six of my favorite photos from Dania Beach to share with you a sampling of bikes from each major category of entrants, and to introduce North Miami-based NAVMC member Bob Brandner (on left in the photo).  Adding to the experience, Raymond Cox made the trek from Huntsville to Dania Beach aboard his intrepid Triumph, and we shared a wonderful two days together taking in the bike show and enjoying the warm weather and local attractions.

Meanwhile, at the Blue Plate Cafe in Huntsville, breakfast bingers conducted a 50/50 drawing and raised over $200 to be given to the family of Dan Marrs!  The gofundme site for Dan has proven very successful, and this thoughtful event at the Blue Plate was icing on the cake.

Here are our upcoming events (please see attached calendar):

Breakfast at the Blue Plate Cafe II every Saturday at 8 am.  No motorcycle required--just a love of the sport.  So come on out, and bring friends!  Let's keep packing the house every Saturday morning!

Feb 3rd:  Jennifer Nelson of Barber Motorsports Museum comes to Huntsville (Blue Plate Cafe II) to discuss the benefits of volunteering to support events at Barber throughout the year.  During her visit, Jennifer will present this year's planned events, and will likely announce the date for this year's volunteer certification training.  As you know, participants voted Barber Motorsports Park and Museum the #1 Go-To place in Alabama for 2018, so this is the ideal opportunity to become a part of the activities that make Barber great!

Feb 10th:  South Florida's First Annual Vintage Two-Stroke Motorcycle Show at Sunsports Cycle and Watercraft, Ft Myers, FL.

Feb 17th:  We're going to Andrew Jennings' garage for our second Garage Crawl of this year!  Most of you have seen at least one of Andrew's amazing bikes--his Triumph was our banner feature on the Facebook page for a month, a few months back.  We'll depart from the Blue Plate, and follow Andrew to his garage.

Feb 23rd - 25th:  AHRMA vintage motorcycle racing, Bloomingdale, GA

Feb 24th:  Redstone Harley-Davidson is conducting their annual Chili Chilly Ride.  Kickstands up at 10:30 am, and all proceeds from the event go to the Huntsville "Forgiven Riders" Chapter of the CMA.  https://www.cyclefish.com/motorcycle_event/44090

Feb 25th:  32nd Annual Clarksville Swap Meet, Clarksville, TN Speedway.  http://www.facebook.com/groups/clarksville.swapmeet/

Fast Forward to Memorial Day Weekend:

Mike Long is canvassing to see how many of us would like to participate in a Super-Garage Crawl up into Tennessee to visit three remarkable bike builders.  The ride would put us up in the Sevierville area, and I think Mike's looking at a trip duration of ~3 days.  If you're interested, contact Michael Long on Facebook, or email him to let him know.  If it'll help, reply to me and I'll get you connected to Mike via email.

Please let me know of any events I have missed, and send me stories of the vintage motorcycle activities that interest you!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!