News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Friends From South Carolina Ride The Ridge

Started by Fencejumper09, March 01, 2018, 09:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fencejumper09

My dad was ready to come back and ride Alabama! This time he brought one of his best riding buddies. My dad and Ed have been riding together since before I was even born, Ed's son Brunson and I rode together several times growing up but living 45 minutes away from each other it wasn't very often.
The guys showed up from Myrtle Beach around 5pm on Friday, so after some catching up it was time to head to a brewery! The local brewery Red Hills was having a special release party for their russian imperial stout named Vulcan's Backside! Here is a little history on the Vulcan. It was quite the shindig with unique artwork and local music. Introduced the guys to some of my riding buddies and after enjoying a 14% ABV Vulcan's Backside and a couple Hipster Delights, we headed home with some Little Ceasars in tow!

Ed showed up with his shiny KTM 350, Brunson had his tried and true XR 650 and my dad borrowed a buddies KTM 200! We loaded up and headed to The Ridge in Springville, AL for a day of "something different than home" as requested by Brunson. The coast of South Carolina has some fun riding but it is nearly all flat and sandy. We headed up to rocky and mountainous land to introduce them to Alabama.

The KLR was not injured in the making of this report!

We took a warm up lap on the track but no one was really excited about it! Dad got me good with the first puddle!

Still made the pass!

After regrouping with some of my local buddies we were ready to hit the trail! My dad loves his modular helmet but said it was not the right tool for the job today!

We found some creek crossings

and some hill climbs!

It really was a great day of riding with some old friends and showing them around my new stomping ground!

I think they realize that their boys have some riding skills!

I think everyone had a great time

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332