News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

e-Bike

Started by springer, March 27, 2018, 04:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springer

I coulda sworn there was a newish thread here about E-Bikes...but I couldn't find it.  :-[

Anywho, I like the idea of loads of torque at the very beginning of cracking that throttle. (Or is it now a potentiometer/reostat?) 
I also like the idea of having a bike that is silent.  just the whisper of tires on the dirt or pavement.

If I could find one with a good solid range of around 120 miles at freeway speeds, I would be very interested in picking it up.  ;)

Unfortunately that last bit /\ has been the killer for me. This one \/ an't got it, but it would be fun to play around on.

Just gotta win the Lotto first.

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

LawnmowerRG

I agree on he price thing, and well thI range thing, and well the charging thing.

I also am thinking that the next iteration of batteries will make E bikes much more viable options.
The electric motor is really amazing in its power delivery. For that reason electric cars actually came out at about the same time as petro. The batteries have always been the down fall. No range and long charge times on a deep cycle type chemistry battery make them a novelty.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

springer

Quote from: LawnmowerRG on March 27, 2018, 07:14:38 PM
I agree on he price thing, and well thI range thing, and well the charging thing.

I also am thinking that the next iteration of batteries will make E bikes much more viable options.
The electric motor is really amazing in its power delivery. For that reason electric cars actually came out at about the same time as petro. The batteries have always been the down fall. No range and long charge times on a deep cycle type chemistry battery make them a novelty.
Yep, I need one to go over 100 miles at the very lest before a charge is needed. 125 miles would give me a "safe" range, anything better would be...ahh...better.  :D

100 miles would get me to and from work, 125 miles would give me a better wiggle worm range, with anything above 125 being some fun time range.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

LawnmowerRG

Absolutely, think of this too. If it's cold the range is lower. Then throw on some heated grips. A GPS. A phone charger. One of Lincoln's wind screens and all that range just went down even more.   
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

kylepeterson

Track use....

Sumo, dirt, street, would be n much easier on the noise ordinances.

Track use....

MX, sumo, super sport, run a session then charge

No fuel (safety!)
No oil
No valves
No timing
No AF ratios
No air filter
No jettin
No power commander
No clutch wear
No exhaust mod $$$$$
No heat (OK, a little, but no pipe to burn your skin)

The folks at MX tracks I've talked to can't wait to rent them..... For obvious reasons of only having to maintain suspension instead of engines
just give 'er the berries !

Smitty908