Hello from Birmingham area, specifically Helena.

Started by SteveS, April 23, 2018, 02:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveS

I am a former dirt rider since I was a 9.    I had some form of bike, Suzuki TM75, DR250, XR200, KDX200, KTM 250 EXC up until 10 years ago when my kids got older and riding areas got scarce.   My last child is starting college in the fall and I thought I would try dual sport even though I didn't think I wanted to ride on the road.   Well I'm 2 months into it and I've done Sylacauga to Cheaha loop twice and TNF down by Centreville along with a dozen times out in the Cahaba WMA since I live 5 miles from the entrance.   This past weekend I rode the Dual Sport Tower Run at Perry Mountain.    Hope to join on some of the rides and meet some fellow riders.   

Slede

welcome to the show steve, you're gonna like here I forsee
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

Fencejumper09

Welcome from Birmingham, check the Events section as there is a great dual sport camp and ride up in Bankhead!

Hope to see you out there soon!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

kylepeterson

Quote from: SteveS on April 23, 2018, 02:35:42 PM
I am a former dirt rider since I was a 9.    I had some form of bike, Suzuki TM75, DR250, XR200, KDX200, KTM 250 EXC up until 10 years ago when my kids got older and riding areas got scarce.   My last child is starting college in the fall and I thought I would try dual sport even though I didn't think I wanted to ride on the road.   Well I'm 2 months into it and I've done Sylacauga to Cheaha loop twice and TNF down by Centreville along with a dozen times out in the Cahaba WMA since I live 5 miles from the entrance.   This past weekend I rode the Dual Sport Tower Run at Perry Mountain.    Hope to join on some of the rides and meet some fellow riders.

cool! duel sports are the stuff!
just give 'er the berries !

gulfcoaster

Welcome from the coast. Grew up right down the road from you in Hoover, right on the Helena border. I'm hoping to get up there this summer and ride around Cahaba WMA. I'll post up if I do.

springer

Glad to have you on board and WELCOME to the site!!
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

mojo1

GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Guidedawg

KevinB

Welcome to MC-AL!

What kinda  bike are you riding now? We love pics.  :)

jrou111

Welcome from NE GA! I used to live in Helena and the CRWMA was my main stomping grounds. Have you ridden to falling rock falls yet?

David DoubleEX

Welcome from Scottsboro! I'm relatively new to the off road world, have only had my wr426 for a little over a year. Though its a blast and I arguably have more fun on it than my v Strom 1000.

The bankhead ride and camp is this weekend if you are free. Check it out in the events section and feel free to come!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

SteveS

Quote from: KevinB on April 24, 2018, 10:29:59 AM
Welcome to MC-AL!

What kinda  bike are you riding now? We love pics.  :)

16 WR250R

SteveS

Quote from: jrou111 on April 24, 2018, 11:19:27 AM
Welcome from NE GA! I used to live in Helena and the CRWMA was my main stomping grounds. Have you ridden to falling rock falls yet?

I have hiked there before and rode by the entrance coming back on the road from the Slab.  I wasn't sure if you could ride back there. 

merc16

Welcome from Bibb County !

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

jrou111

Quote from: SteveS on April 24, 2018, 05:30:11 PM
I have hiked there before and rode by the entrance coming back on the road from the Slab.  I wasn't sure if you could ride back there.

Could and should are two different things.