News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2018-06-02 - All-Day Sucker

Started by kdtrull, June 04, 2018, 08:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdtrull

After working like the wretched dog for months, I finally got a chance for a nice, long ride with some good dudes.  BamaPhill, who I've ridden with more than anyone this year, and BKStewart.  First time I've gotten to ride with Brian in over a year.

I put down close to 400 miles on that route.

After we all met up in Priceville, I think our first stop for the day was at High Falls.

The falls were flowing more than I've ever seen...although, I've only been there 4 times.

We didn't make exactly what you'd call a blistering pace so it was hungry-time by the time we left the falls.

Next up was a stop in Grant, AL across from the DAR school.
Brian had another commitment that afternoon so we parted ways with him shortly after this stop.

We met this cool cat at the overlook with vicious guard dog and his open-carry heater riding on a small scooter.  His windscreen was literally a mesh screen of some sort.  I couldn't understand a word he said when I told him his rear tire was nearly flat.

Next up was the Whitaker Homestead.  It's hard to be in that area and not stop by for a fresh look.

What a back yard, huh?

Then we made about a 60 mile hop up to Orme, TN.

Kept going north from there, did a few trails, and rode on up to Sewanee, TN.  Next stop was in Cowan, TN for fuel and butt break.

I've never noticed these little rail scooters before....anybody know what they were used for???

That's all of my pics for the day.  We made a pretty straight shot towards home after that.
Maybe Brian and Phillip have some more to add.
I have a video rendering now...will post later.

I guess I was on the road about 12.5 hours Saturday....it was dang fun.
And, you know what's even cooler?  We're gonna' do it even better next weekend!

Nice Goat

Quote from: kdtrull on June 04, 2018, 08:58:50 PM
...And, you know what's even cooler?  We're gonna' do it even better next weekend!

You're darn tootin'!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

kdtrull

Chitza

That mesh windshield thingy looks like one of those back supports for an office chair?? What in the everloving is he trying to deflect? Bad Office juju?
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

BamaPhill

I had a great time. Looking forward to the TN Dirt Devil trip this weekend.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2013 DR650
2015 CRF250L

Hammerdown77

Have a buddy who lives in Grant, I'll have to ask him if he's seen the guy on the scooter before or knows him (likely, it's a small town)
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

BamaPhill

Quote from: Chitza on June 04, 2018, 09:49:53 PM
That mesh windshield thingy looks like one of those back supports for an office chair?? ....

I think you nailed it.  I was trying to figure out where in the world that came from.   :D
2013 DR650
2015 CRF250L

kdtrull

Quote from: BamaPhill on June 05, 2018, 07:13:14 AM
I think you nailed it.  I was trying to figure out where in the world that came from.   :D

I was thinking the exact same thing, even as we were looking at it.
My best guess is that he likes the airflow but needs the bug protection for when he rides shirtless.   :D

No fooling though....I hope I'm doing that well if I make it to his age.