News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Thursday Night Wrench Club

Started by bblass, July 09, 2018, 09:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bblass

I'd be down to travel out there for a wrench night. If it's too far for most on a Thursday I'd be down for a Sunday afternoon group ride out there as well
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

springer

Quote from: odell2115 on August 02, 2018, 04:09:04 PM
I wouldn't mind hosting one of these up in Ashville sometime if there's enough interest.  I've got plenty of tools, a lift, tire changer, music, beer, etc.  It's just a bit of a drive for some.

For those who aren't familiar, Ashville is in St Clair county.  Kind of between Springville and Gadsden, just north of Pell City.  I'm 12 miles from the PC Walmarks.

Post it and they will come. ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

springer

Well this isn't really about the Thursday Night Wrench Club, but it is about working on my motorcycles....a little easier.
Several years ago I bought 1 of those tire changing do-dads to help me take a tire off the rim. I would just use it on the concrete floor, kneeling down. I would then true and balance the tire the same way. Kneeing down to use the balance stand.
Well I made a metal table out of 2x2 box beam, welded a 3ft x 4 ft piece of 1/8th plate as a top. I then mounted 4 castors, 2 of them locking, to the bottom of the table. Well today I finished it. Mounted a vise, my tire changing stand, and made an attachment thingy for the wheel balance thingy.

BAM! No more kneeling and hunching over to change my tires.  ;)

Now all that is left is to clean up and arrange my carport again. 1 job ALWAYS leads to another...

:D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

kdtrull

Fencejumper09

See you fellas and ladies tomorrow night! PM me for my address!

Please don't arrive before 7:30pm ass we will be putting minimetallo down for bed!

Park in the driveway, the dirt to the right of the driveway or on the street and walk to the basement door on the left of the house!

For that matter you can ride through the gate and park in the backyard! May need knobbier to get through the tall grass! I may even cut that for you guys tonight.
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

springer

COOL!

I cut the grass so;

my Mom said I could go!!  :D

renchinrider

Just welcomed my daughter Madeline home today so I'm out for tonight. I think the next planned one is at @Fencejumper09 's place next Thursday.

CONGRATULATIONS to you and yours!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Fencejumper09

Typical shenanigans this week! I'm sure everyone is ready to get back to Ben's Haven!

The Colorado copper washer was removed and hung on the wall, More to come on this my my ride report!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

bblass

This Thursday is the last summer bike night at Big Number 1. Someone from our crew has won the slow roll every time this year and it's imperative we go down undefeated. A stalled bike gave @Fencejumper09 the win over @dredman last month. I'm looking forward to an epic rematch this Thursday night! Or perhaps @kylepeterson will show up in time to take them both to school?

Regular wrenching activities to hopefully resume next Thursday, the 23rd

Mulley

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on August 12, 2018, 07:30:06 PM

The Colorado copper washer was removed and hung on the wall, More to come on this my my ride report!

Real man of genius right there. #nospoiler
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

kylepeterson

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on August 12, 2018, 07:30:06 PM
Typical shenanigans this week! I'm sure everyone is ready to get back to Ben's Haven!

what's the story on the copper ?
just give 'er the berries !

springer

Got something HUGE to do. And I do mean HUGE!
1. Change both tires on the AT.
2. Install the Outex system thingie on both rims.
(WTF is the Outex system? Good question...go here for information;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CRF1000L-Africa-Twin-Spoke-Wheel-Tubeless-Kit-21-2-15-18-4-00-MT-FR21214-/291698243582
Then watch the Youtube video below \/)

So, to big of a project? To be honest, I am thinking so but maybe just 1 tire/rim?

Fencejumper09

Crazy they sell a "system" for what people have been doing on supermotojunkie for years! That is how my sumo wheels are sealed!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

springer

Had a good time I did! Nice ride over, had a couple of free soda's, ate a free hamburger, talk motorcycles, and had a dry ride home.  ;)

All in all, a good evening to be out and about.

First up, a crappy video of some funny timed races...on tricycles.  :D

You meet the nicest hoodlum's at Big #1  :D

bblass

Graham looks very concerned eating that chip in the bottom photo... Please don't hurt my bike!!!