News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Thursday Night Wrench Club

Started by bblass, July 09, 2018, 09:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bblass

Greetings all! Unfortunately I won't be able to host TNWC at my house this week. It's wide open if anyone wants to pick it up or we can resume at my garage next Thursday, September 6th.

Hopefully by then we'll have an electric motor and can start a cardboard fab plan!
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

ktmer

Well I still don't have another dirty bike but would like to come and bs one night!

LawnmowerRG

Well got a rear tire on the BMW that is only round on most of the sides.
This meaning I will be working a little late to put tires on it.
If you want to stop by the shop I will be at
8001 parkway drive
Leeds
You are welcome to hang out.
We can twist wrenches on something if you have something simple.
We close at 6 so anytime after then.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

LawnmowerRG

Well we got a couple sets of tires put on.
The GS is ready to get some dirt on with her new TKC 80s.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

lastparrot

Thanks for hosting and staying late to help out when someone mounts a tire backward.

- lastparrot

catang5oh

Quote from: lastparrot on August 31, 2018, 06:50:29 AM
Thanks for hosting and staying late to help out when someone mounts a tire backward.

- lastparrot

Dang, I left and missed this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lastparrot

Quote from: catang5oh on August 31, 2018, 06:51:12 AM
Dang, I left and missed this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I learned a ton.  Got there later than I wanted.

- lastparrot

bblass

Thanks for picking up hosting duties @LawnmowerRG ! Hate I missed last night but looking forward to next week!

kylepeterson

Making a long weekend of it with the kids. I know y'all had a good time. :-)
just give 'er the berries !

bblass

TNWC at my house, Sept 6th @ 7. If the donated electric motor is here in time we'll begin the measuring and making cardboard mockups on the electric bike (name to still be chosen).

Also, there's a new project bike in the garage - an '80 Ironhead Sportster. This week we'll be doing some high level diagnostic tests: leakdown, scope, etc. If you've never diagnosed an old motor before come join us and learn a few things. If you have, come join us and teach us a few things!

As always, plenty of room for maintenance and other projects. Looking forward to seeing everyone Thursday!

kylepeterson

Quote from: bblass on September 04, 2018, 08:27:01 AM
TNWC at my house, Sept 6th @ 7. If the donated electric motor is here in time we'll begin the measuring and making cardboard mockups on the electric bike (name to still be chosen).

Also, there's a new project bike in the garage - an '80 Ironhead Sportster. This week we'll be doing some high level diagnostic tests: leakdown, scope, etc. If you've never diagnosed an old motor before come join us and learn a few things. If you have, come join us and teach us a few things!

As always, plenty of room for maintenance and other projects. Looking forward to seeing everyone Thursday!

knowing nothing more about Harley's than the name, I'm looking forward to seeing inside one

kylepeterson

kylepeterson

lastparrot

springer

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.