News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Thursday Night Wrench Club

Started by bblass, July 09, 2018, 09:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bblass

Thanks to everyone for coming out last night! We tore down the top end of an '80 XL1000, told stories, drank beer and had a good 'ol wholesome American time. Many thanks to @kylepeterson for the video!

It was great meeting @Maxim1982 at his first forum event. Looking forward to the next one!
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

springer

Sorry I didn't make it last night. It is always a good time!  ;)

Does he have the frame n stuff to go with the XL1000?
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Maxim1982

2017 Yamaha WR250R
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere

bblass

Thursday Night Wrench Club - Ben's garage September 13th @ 7PM - We've got a few options on tap this week

o Fork seal maintenance & replacement
o Continuing work on the IronHead - top end if the rings come in, the fine art of carburetor cleaning if they don't
o Electric motor mounting and fabrication on the still unnamed electric bike
o Free beer!

Plus anything else anyone wants to bring and tear into! Surely someone has a tire that needs mounting...

Hope to see you there!

bblass

Rain is letting up in Homewood and should be clearing out in the next half hour.

Wrench night is still on, hope you're able to make it!

kylepeterson

since loading stuff up in the rain isn't fun, I'm diy at home this evening in prep for the Cove Ride...

swapping from slippery sumos to roosty mc roostface wheels
oil change
coolant flush
extra clutch cable zip tied in place

:-)

just give 'er the berries !

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Fencejumper09

It was a great night of two stroke troubleshooting! A local specialty toolmaker was in the house autographing past tools!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

bblass

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on September 13, 2018, 11:03:42 PM
A local specialty toolmaker was in the house autographing past tools!

When you've got a welder, you've always got the right tool!

Thanks to everyone who came out and braved the weather last night. It was a great time doing the ignition on the RD350 and learning the finer points of ignition advance and retard.

Next week is the last Big No 1 bike night. Come out and see the MC-AL crew dominate the slow race and the tire toss! We'll be back at it September 27th getting vintage bikes ready for Barber and taking donations anyone has for the booth.

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

springer

So last night we all meet up at the last 2018 Bike Night @Big #1. Had fun, talked some B.S., some competed in the slow bike race and generally had a good time. I got there a little after 6 and this is the only video I took;

And just a few pictures;

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

bblass

Looking like it's gonna be more rain today and tonight. Probably best to call TNWC off this evening. Seeing is how Vintage Fest is next week, next Thursday's probably not a good night either.

Down for a Tuesday Night Wrench Club or another night next week if anyone has some final buttoning up to do before Barber

BrianAo34

Damn. I was actually going to try and make it this week
Quote from: bblass on September 27, 2018, 08:32:42 AM
Looking like it's gonna be more rain today and tonight. Probably best to call TNWC off this evening. Seeing is how Vintage Fest is next week, next Thursday's probably not a good night either.

Down for a Tuesday Night Wrench Club or another night next week if anyone has some final buttoning up to do before Barber

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

BrianAo34

As it turns out, I'm heading to Muscle Shoals for work. And my parts to install won't be here until Friday...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk