News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Looking for some riding buddies

Started by cipher982, October 12, 2015, 02:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cipher982

Hey everyone,

Name is David and I just discovered this forum. I just picked up a new bike last week and have got the riding bug re-sparked in me. I have had a bandit 600 for a few years now but I have had a continuous misfire on one cylinder that I haven't been able to diagnose so I've been riding less and less. But now that I've got a new bike I've been back on the road every day since picking it up, just got back from Barber this weekend and even got to ride on the track!

Unfortunately I don't really have any of my close friends that ride so I'm usually just out solo, so I'd love to tag along on some of y'alls rides in the near future. The bike is a mix of various machines. Engine/chassis are gen1 bandit 1200, front forks GSXR, rear shock/swingarm CBR, seat/tail Monster. Rides infinitely better than my squishy stock bandit 600, and the mid-range is amazing!

klaviator

Welcome David.  Plenty of people to ride with here.  Where are you from?

KrisCook

Ha!  I bet that bike gets everyone confused! 

Welcome from the north side of Birmingham.  Keep an eye on the "Let's Ride" boards and you will find a ride to join in on before long.  We're glad to have you. 
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

springer

Welcome to the board David!
What part of Alabama are you in?
Most of our rides will have a mixed lot. Standards, cruisers,Dualsports, sportbikes, and scooters, there is no telling who might show up on what kind of bike. You see one posted you want to go on, just post up saying your going with any questions you might have about the ride. 
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

kdtrull

Nice hybrid.  Welcome from Greenhill.

cipher982

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm in Birmingham pretty close to downtown.

Argh Oh

Nice build there! Welcome! There are a lot of activities and good folks here.