Easy peasy "off road" ride Cheaha and TNF Saturday Oct 17

Started by norton73, October 16, 2015, 07:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

norton73

A couple friends and I are gonna ride Saturday. One just learned to ride last May, and this will be his first offroad experience, so it will mostly be fire roads and probably very slow. The current plan is to meet at  Pell City Coffee Company @ 10am.
https://www.facebook.com/pellcitycoffeecompany

1605 Martin St S Suite 6
Pell City, AL

Meet there, ride 34 over to Taladega, then start north at Chandler Springs, hopefully going all the way to Piedmont.
I will probably be riding the GS, another will be on a F650GS, and the noob will be on a CRF250. Pace will be slow and easy.
All are welcome, just don't expect a challenging ride. Also, I am not familiar with the roads, so if anyone has route suggestions, I'm all ears.

And, post ride, I could use some muscle for a quick job at my home in Springville. All are welcome to come over for post ride refreshments and possibly some snacks and/or BBQ. Those with bad backs are welcome to supervise.

Loose nut holding the handlebars

norton73

lazeebum

Yeah, we have ASS HOLES in four wheel drives to thank for stuff like that. If they want to drive in a mud hole they should make one on their own property. Not public roads.

Fencejumper09

I know that exact hole!

At least you made some memories!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

lazeebum

And thanks for taking us along. I'm dun bitchin' now. ;D

catang5oh

Dang, hate we missed you. Ron and a friend and myself were up there most of the day.

norton73

We were there Saturday, it looks like you guys were there Sunday. We did ride slow, but not that slow.  ;D

KevinB

Quote from: norton73 on October 17, 2015, 05:26:01 PM

I tried to skirt this mud hole today by taking the "small, shallow" rut on the right side of the pic. As soon as I hit it, I immediately sunk to the hubs. Took me 20 minutes of tire spinning and duck walking to get free...

norton73

I went straight down the middle between the wheel tracks and barely got my rims wet. Both other riders took the same left line and went down, I only got pics of one however.