3rd Annual "Nowhere to Be and All Day to Get There" ride in and campout. Nov 6-8

Started by Al Goodwin, September 10, 2015, 09:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

lazeebum

Nice Goat

I can move the street ride to Sunday, if necessary.  We'll be riding some tight switchbacks and bumpy country roads, so I'd rather not have any accidents on my Pie Ride....

I generally try to avoid camping in the rain, unless it sneaks up on me.  Good thing I live across the street.  ;D
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Chitza

Should we bring canoes to sleep in instead of tents? :D

I'm still watching the weather. And may have to work Saturday morning.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Fencejumper09

Quote from: Chitza on November 04, 2015, 08:30:40 AM
Fence, I have two pounds of Conecuh(frozen) that I bought and didn't use for Vintage. I was planning to take it to Melony, but I'm not sure I'll make it up there. I'm in B'ham. Maybe we can meet so I can give it to you to deliver??

I can do that for sure. Just let me know when you would like to "meat" (hahaha I crack myself up) I live in Homewood.
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

dirty-diesel

I'm going to wait till tomorrow but if it looks like there predicting today, I'm going have to pass, wet and cold just aint my cup of tea.  :'(

Gam

The Goodwin events are the only ones I go to at all, but it's looking grim. Guess I'll just see what it's like Saturday morning.

Fencejumper09

If the ride gets pushed I will unfortunately be out due to previous commitments.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Al Goodwin

I'm getting various weather predictions based on who I listen too.

They all say Sunday looks good, but I know some can't make a Sunday ride.   

I'll just put it out there.......I'LL BE READY to cookout, campout, ride, eat drink and be merry.......Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday....

Just help me keep an eye on the weather. ???

Beck

I hate rain when I want to be outside.  If this was a dirt ride, the rain would be great.

Street, not soo much.

Camping in rain, meh.  that's why they make waterproof rain tarps.

Mash

I'm coming, you need me to bring anything?????? I prob won't camp, seeing that I live up the street, but I'll be there for the movie!! Want me to being young frankistine?

Mash

I never had time to get my rear tire but I'll be ok, I just hate these fracking trail wings

Fencejumper09

My plan is to still come in this afternoon hopefully leave bham by 2 or 3.

I will camp tonight under some redneck engineered lean-to shelter and if the ride happens tomorrow I will be ready. I dont have any rain gear so I will be wet but at least it won't be too cold!

Hope to see you guys out there as camping by oneself is not very fun. 

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

Al Goodwin

Nice Goat

I'm moving the street ride to Sunday.

However, I will be checking in on the festivities this evening and tomorrow....
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."