RFP #SE: Key West Iron Butt, April 13-17

Started by gharshman, December 13, 2015, 11:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Nice Goat

Quote from: Brian A on January 19, 2016, 09:45:24 PM
Still one of my all time favorite motorcycle road trips:

I'm hoping that this trip is at least 1/2 as memorable as that one was...

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Brian A

Fencejumper09

This looks awesome! I would say I need to rent a bike with a little more comfort than the 690!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

LawnmowerRG

Quote from: gharshman on January 19, 2016, 07:33:35 PM
Watching us, the police and troopers will get bored very quickly.  We won't be running any faster than speed limit +5.  As Brian noted above, it's not really necessary to complete the SS1000.

Moving time = 15 hours
Average Moving Speed = 1,000 miles / 15 hours = 67 mph

Rest time = 3 hours
Total time = 18 hours
Average overall speed = 1,000 / 18 hours = 56 mph

By the way, I have been collecting goodies for the ride participants....

Yes yes yes I am aware of that. As I said the trip to Orlando was one day there one day back. 515.3 or something in mileage. The only time i got over the 77 was twice.  Both times traffic was running so fast I thought it safer to go with the flow, and I it was on I-459 at 4:30 on the way home.
I posted it mostly to start some conversation back up, and to let anyone that might be thinking it is a hall you know what trip that is probably not even possible.
Unless you want a fairly cheap 30 day stay. Really Jail is not a bad deal if you figure in the free room and board, fitness program, clothes, and friends you would never meet otherwise.

Count me in on a room too please.
I have been know to keep rhythm with a McCulloch also.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

LawnmowerRG

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on January 20, 2016, 07:45:11 AM
This looks awesome! I would say I need to rent a bike with a little more comfort than the 690!!

You can ride my Ducati you just can't ride close to me. After getting back from this last trip I decided quiet pipes are a must. It sounds great. Just loud. 15 hrs and you would be able to claim disability.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

catang5oh

I need some floor space also. I don't take up much space!

TFancher

Ok I've got vacation approved. Barring a major problem I will be on this one. Should we book another room in case of a large group ?
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Nice Goat

Quote from: TFancher on January 22, 2016, 07:42:19 PM
Ok I've got vacation approved. Barring a major problem I will be on this one. Should we book another room in case of a large group ?

Probably a good idea.  We have six people in two rooms already.

TFancher

Got one at Courtyard Key Largo. 2 nights.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

vtxrider

I am thinking about going sounds like a great trip. Have you sat down and come up with a cost on how much this trip will run. If I can go I'll need to start saving my pennies. And I would like to room with some one else and share the cost.

Nice Goat

The keys are a little expensive.  I would plan to have at least $500 available.

TFancher

I have a room for 2 nights in Key Largo. Basically $200 a night divided by how many people are in it. Idk about night 3.

vtxrider

Well that's not to bad . Do you have anyone staying with you TFancher? I have another guy who is new who may come with me he is going to put in for time off tomorrow when he gets to work ,maybe we can split the cost of the room and stay with you. Let me know.

TFancher

scrappyjon

A bunch of fat old dudes sleeping in beds and on the floors after a 1000 mile ride. PLease someone get a soundbite of the sounds coming from that room. Don't forget to take earplugs if you want to sleep good and don't get the cheap ones. I saw lawnster tonight and we talked about it. I wish I didnt have a spine that turned to jelly after 500 miles so I could do this with yall. HEY! Maybe you should get someone to drive a support vehicle behind you to carry junk. Not me but maybe somebody.