News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sporting the Free State VII....May 13-15

Started by Al Goodwin, January 26, 2016, 10:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

GS Noob

A word from the wise, protect yourself from red bugs/chiggers! They tore me up last year and I had to go to the doctor when I got home for some meds. Cover up, use bug spray, and don't walk through heavy brush!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klaviator

I should get there sometime between 2 and 4 depending on how quickly I can get my shit together :D

jrobinson

I'm 50/50 now. I have to get someone to cover for me tomorrow afternoon. Not looking good so far.   >:(

update: found a fill in. should be there in time for breakfast.

GS Noob

Y'all have fun and be safe this weekend. Post pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirty-diesel

Unfortunately for me Ive got to much school work to break free. I'm really starting to hate this responsible thing.

Beck

I will be there this afternoon with some tag a longs....   ;D

griff

We're loaded up and heading that way shortly.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

foodog2

I had a fantastic time everyone and thank you Allen.

M

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

jrobinson

Al Goodwin

I'd like to thank all who came and rode with us....the most PERFECT weather we've ever had at this event.

McDougle camp worked out well for us, although the traffic noise, during the day Friday was a bit annoying, it calmed down in the evenings.

I promise, if we have an event there again....I'll make a larger sign...and I apologize for a few ::)missed turns in the afternoon....any of y'all ever tried following a roll-chart backwards? :o

I'd like some feedback on the weekend....pros and cons of it all....route, McDougle camp, lunch stop, etc.....

THANKS

jrobinson

Thanks for hosting and putting on the ride.

I found the camp site Saturday morning by entering the Lat/long in my phone's GPS. I blew by it Saturday afternoon when my phone was dead. lol

Breakfast Saturday morning was great. It really hit the spot.

The dirt roads to the river were good. The gravel roads were OK. It was a good mix of asphalt, gravel and dirt roads.

Lunch - food and service was good.

I'll try to make it again next year.

TFancher

I think it was a good ride (with a couple of exceptions). Good mix of dirt roads and twistie asphalt. Met a few new friends and rode with some I've known for a while. Food was excellent as always. I can't think of anything that would have made it better. Except I would've loved to brought my bike home in one piece. But that one is on me.
Thanks for putting this on. Looking forward to the next one.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

kdtrull

Radiator, the most vulnerable part of the bullet-proof KLR.

klaviator

Thanks Al for organizing this event.  I'm really glad I was able to make it this year.  I had a great time.  I did a separate ride report here:  http://bamarides.com/ride/index.php?topic=1026.0

As for feedback.  Next year I'd have everyone post what they were bringing.  We had way too much of some things such as buns but nobody brought firewood.  Some people commented that they had firewood at home but didn't bring it because there was way too much last year.  Since this was my first year I can't comment on the campground compared to Brush Lake. Since several people drove there we had plenty of chairs for everyone to sit in.   If we use the same campground it would be a good idea to have better directions and a bigger sign although everyone did eventually find the place.

Thanks again Al and you to Melony for feeding us.

For everyone who didn't come, Ya'll missed out on a great time.