News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sporting the Free State VII....May 13-15

Started by Al Goodwin, January 26, 2016, 10:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Danimal

Gonna try to make this. This will be my first. Watched some of the past videos, so I'm assuming the WR will be a better choice over the V Strom?

Danimal

Got the stock tank on the WR. Should I worry about running out of fuel?

Al Goodwin

It's "Big bike friendly" with one/two exceptions.....and fuel stops are close...what's the WR's range?

Danimal

I don't really know. I would guess about 80 miles. Maybe I will ride the Strom. Just mounted a Shinko 805 on the rear and crash bars and a skid plate also.

GS Noob

Quote from: Danimal on May 11, 2016, 07:43:25 PM
I don't really know. I would guess about 80 miles. Maybe I will ride the Strom. Just mounted a Shinko 805 on the rear and crash bars and a skid plate also.
You'll be fine on the Strom. The ride is basically groomed gravel and smooth dirt roads. Nothing knarly.

Danimal

Quote from: GS Noob on May 11, 2016, 07:44:37 PM
You'll be fine on the Strom. The ride is basically groomed gravel and smooth dirt roads. Nothing knarly.
Cool.

This is what I saw. You can understand my confusion.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Danimal on May 11, 2016, 08:37:18 PM
Quote from: GS Noob on May 11, 2016, 07:44:37 PM
Cool.

This is what I saw. You can understand my confusion.

That's some fools 2-up, ON A KLR of all things....surely the mighty Strom could handle it.

Al Goodwin

That is the roughest section...the rest are nice roads....a bit of sand here and there.

Joe Shimano

My friend backed out - never got over the flu so I'll be solo. Took a PTO day tomorrow so I'll pack up and roll out bright and early

Al Goodwin

It's raining in Decatur...sure hope Bankhead gets a bit of rain, calm the dust down. ;)

jrobinson

There's plenty of rain coming this afternoon to calm all the dust down.  ;D

TFancher

I'm in. Friday night till Sunday. Need to show the KLR some love. It hasn't been out of the neighborhood since I bought the Strom.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

klaviator

Looks like the area will get some rain today.

I'll be there from Fri Night till Sunday.  I'll be hauling my KLR and all my stuff there in my truck.

Al Goodwin

Ill be pulling in and setting-up around Noon Friday.

Fencejumper09

I should be able to get there by 6!

Decided on trailering in so if anyone needs cooler space I should have some extra!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332