News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sporting the Free State VII....May 13-15

Started by Al Goodwin, January 26, 2016, 10:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Al Goodwin

Someone told me the 8th is mother's day....so we'll move it to the following weekend.......

....It's almost that time of year again folks.... Our Free-State ride will be on us soon.

Campout at Brushy Lake Friday night, or just show up Saturday morning for free breakfast and the long days riding through the beautiful Bankhead Forest.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/alabama/recreation/recarea/?recid=30083&actid=42

Lunch stop at Chef Troys Talk of the Town in Houston, Al.

http://www.cheftroystalkofthetown.com/

.....Music, all y'all that play guitar, mandolin, banjo, etc...etc,,,BRING'EM.

The ride will be "BIG BIKE FRIENDLY".....depending on how many show up we'll divide into 2, possibly 3 groups.  Anyone with roll-chart holders I'll have the route printed out for those that want it.

.The BIG grill will be on-site for "sausage fest" Friday night....bring your meat!!!!!   We'll grill it up.

.Saturdays ride will require tags, etc.... optional Sunday ride around the Flint Creek trail system.  So, if you're hauling your bike to the ride, you can through your dirt-bike on there as well...or, ride your dual-sport around the trail.  16 miles of trail.

.http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/alabama/null/recarea/?recid=30095&actid=93

Beck

putting this on the calendar for all 3 days!

Fencejumper09

Definitely in for this one!

Let me know if you need any help! I know you have the routes down after so many years but if you want to explore some new roads just let me know!

If you want to run the route before hand I can track it for electronic distribution if anyone who wants to lead separate groups!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars

lazeebum

IN!!!!! Great folks, good riding, and food.  It would be nice if some real pickers and sangers showed up.

Yankee Dog

Quote from: Al Goodwin on January 26, 2016, 10:57:47 AM
It's almost that time of year again folks....

We'll have beer tasting, right...JOHN ALDERMAN??......Music, all y'all that play guitar, mandolin, banjo, etc...etc,,,

Alcohol is illegal so there will of course be nothing but soft drinks allowed. 

I will bring along a cigar box guitar or two.  I just hope your hearing is as poor as my playing. 

See you all there. 

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Yankee Dog on January 26, 2016, 07:49:22 PM

Quote from: Al Goodwin on January 26, 2016, 10:57:47 AM
It's almost that time of year again folks....

We'll have beer tasting, right...JOHN ALDERMAN??......Music, all y'all that play guitar, mandolin, banjo, etc...etc,,,

Alcohol is illegal so there will of course be nothing but soft drinks allowed. 

I will bring along a cigar box guitar or two.  I just hope your hearing is as poor as my playing. 

See you all there.

You're correct John Alderman, I'd confused this with March Moto Madness..... ::)

GS Noob

Absolutely in. Hopefully I don't get CHIGGERS again this time.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Nice Goat

Bankhead Forest has more bugs than Talladega Forest, in my opinion.  Bring your bug repellent!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Bratso

New date is not an off Friday and is Brew Fest weekend.....John and I will have to fight over this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Bratso on January 27, 2016, 06:45:49 AM
New date is not an off Friday and is Brew Fest weekend.....John and I will have to fight over this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a busy time of year...Mothers Day vs. Brew Fest...... :-\

I'm actually working that Friday as well, but we'll go down Wednesday night and get several of the sites paid for so we can get our usual spots.

Al Goodwin

I'll not be there until Friday night, but I'll have a few sites reserved for us..... Anyone wanting to put together a Friday ride for the group??

GS Noob

Going to sleep in the back of my SUV this time to reduce my exposure to the evil red bugs. Bringing lots of DEET as well.

Fencejumper09

Is there any chance you have a copy of the roll chart?

I would like to try to get an electronic version of the route to have in my phone!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332