Hi from South Alabama, near the beautiful Gulf Shores

Started by Chuck & Susan, March 20, 2016, 09:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck & Susan

I have been around bikes most of my life, but now that the kids are grown it is time to do some riding.  The wife and I have an 85 Goldwing.  The bike may be old but she took us to Denver and back last summer on a 3 week trip.  It was awesome.  We enjoyed it so much that we want to ride some more.  My wife is just a passenger rider.  Between work and grandkids, we want to ride more and get to know more people who ride. 

Let us know what are the rules and guidelines of this forum as we have never been a part of something like this.  And if you are near Gulf Shores, Alabama, let us know and we maybe we can meet up to talk bikes!!   :D

Thanks for letting us join

Chuck & Susan
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

klaviator

Welcome from Huntsville.  Rules and Guidelines?  Well, the first rule is if there are no pictures then it didn't happen :)  We'd love to see some pics of your trip last summer. 

Second, this forum exists to help riders in Alabama enjoy motorcycling.  It is here for you.  It's a great place to meet other riders although most of us are in North Alabama.  However, there are some members in South Alabama.  Watch the planned rides, let's ride and events sections to see what is coming up and you are welcome to join in although you may have to ride North to do so. 

If you are planning on doing a ride in your area you can post it in planned rides and maybe you will get some other riders to join you.

If you are unfamiliar with using a forum feel free to ask questions.  There a a lot of friendly people on here who will be glad to answer your questions.

jrobinson

Welcome to the forum Chuck. Glad you signed up.

We have simple rules here. Show up, ride, participate, show pics and have fun. We avoid discussions about politics, religion and personnel attacks.

We have a few riders down on the gulf coast.

Holler if you have any questions.

Nice Goat

Hey, Chuck!  Welcome to the forum!  We don't have many members in south Alabama, but we sure would like to see that change.  Please don't be discouraged and try to get your riding friends in LA (lower Alabama) to join also!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Chitza

Welcome Chuck and Susan! I was reading an article about natural wonders in Alabama and 2 of the 3 I haven't seen are in the Mobile area. I was just thinking about a trip down that way this morning! I'll hit you up when I make it down there!

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

TFancher

Hello from Tuscaloosa. Welcome to the circus. This is a great place to meet people who have a great love of motorcycles. Most of us are relatively sane. Remember, I said relatively. I try to get to GS/OB as often as possible. Never often enough.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Guidedawg

Welcome from Montgomery.  I just moved to a larger motorcycle so that my wife and I can enjoy riding more, though we haven't made any overnight trips yet.  I'm originally from North Mobile County and am glad to see some South Alabama activity.

We all enjoy reading about each other's rides even if we do not ride together so feel free to contribute in any way.

Chuck & Susan

Thanks everyone!! The wife and I often travel north (mostly for work.. dang it) But often bring the toy hauler camper with bike to make a week or so of it. We will keep watching the post and anytime the schedules work out we just might appear. Anyone coming to the beach let us know. And yes we are getting the word out to locals here to check out the Bamarides.com site. Thank you to all evolved with keeping this site up..... We know it's a job.
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chuck A.

Hey Chuck, This is Chuck at the other end of the state. Welcome from Hartselle. Ya'll have got to be covered over with Spring Breakers,,,, they had the I65 blocked up here Saturday. Took my daughter almost 4 hours to get to Montgomery. 140 miles from here at the 325 exit.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

KrisCook

Welcome, from Birmingham!  I'm involved in eldercare and don't get to ride these days, but I'm still lurking on the forum.  You won't find a better bunch of people than this bunch.  I look forward to meeting you both!
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

RubyRider

Welcome from Centreville, middle of the state! Glad to have you guys aboard. Let us know when you are up this way, and maybe we can catch up with yall on our trips to the Gulf this summer.

Lots of good people here, post up and join in the fun.
If you aint smokin, you are eatin dust!