News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

I Have HCRPD

Started by kdtrull, May 20, 2016, 08:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdtrull

I have self-diagnosed as having Habitual Cyclic Recursive Purchasing Disorder.

XT250 number three is now accompanied by KLR 650 number 3:

Chuck A.

Ken, I want to extend a hand out to you and let you know if your shop gets to full to handle the capacity of which all these bikes require to be garaged properly when not in use, just bring one over to the house for proper storage in my shop.  :o ;D
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

kdtrull

Quote from: Chuck A. on May 20, 2016, 08:27:36 PM
Ken, I want to extend a hand out to you and let you know if your shop gets to full to handle the capacity of which all these bikes require to be garaged properly when not in use, just bring one over to the house for proper storage in my shop.  :o ;D

Ha...I have often felt the same way seeing some folk's collections.  But for the sake of clarity, I currently only have one of each.....for the third time.  :D
You are, however, welcome to ride either one whenever you like.

Chuck A.

We may have to swap out bikes while on a ride. I would like to ride a KLR one time and I'd like to see you on the big cruiser. ;D

Is this one new off the floor? She's purty.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

kdtrull

Quote from: Chuck A. on May 20, 2016, 08:51:02 PM
We may have to swap out bikes while on a ride. I would like to ride a KLR one time and I'd like to see you on the big cruiser. ;D

Is this one new off the floor? She's purty.

Yep....0.1 miles when I mounted up....and thanks.  I like the green spring...because it's shiny....and it's supposed to be 63% stiffer!!  Front springs are stiffer too.

lazeebum

Cool! I just put a new rear tar on mine, and have brake pads on the way. I'm getting ready for next weekend.

Nice Goat

Congrats, Ken!

I stopped into All Sport last night just before they closed at 6:00pm ...
Sat on that green 2015 KLR again...
Can't stop thinking about it...

I had written off KLRs a couple of years ago as being too heavy, too bouncy, too everything.  But Kawasaki has been making improvements to the KLR, while Honda and Suzuki haven't done anything to their 650cc pigs.  I may end up with a new KLR myself.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

kdtrull

Thanks Glenn.  You can give mine a whirl next time we're out and see if they've done enough to suit you.  You'll notice the spring and damping improvements immediately.  And, I sure have missed that 250 mile tank!

I hope the warden lets me keep the XT too.

klaviator

Quote from: Nice Goat on May 21, 2016, 12:08:45 AM
Congrats, Ken!

I stopped into All Sport last night just before they closed at 6:00pm ...
Sat on that green 2015 KLR again...
Can't stop thinking about it...

I had written off KLRs a couple of years ago as being too heavy, too bouncy, too everything.  But Kawasaki has been making improvements to the KLR, while Honda and Suzuki haven't done anything to their 650cc pigs.  I may end up with a new KLR myself.

naaah, you don't want a KLR.  Everyone knows they are outdated overweight pigs incapable of doing any real riding.

SpeedyR

what's a new KLR going for these days?

I've seen a couple of used KTM 950 Super Enduros for sale on ADV rider recently for great prices (sub $8k). Kinda like a KLR but with more suspension travel, more motor, and a bit more "character". But they do have a tall seat height and probably not nearly as good for just going down the freeway (well at least on two wheels). Stupid fun off road though.

just sayin'....

kdtrull

I've been seeing some new leftover 2014/2015 KLRs online for $5400-$5800.  I got that 2016 in Florence for $6400 total....no fees....no bs....tax included.

Nice Goat

Quote from: klaviator on May 21, 2016, 08:40:48 AM
naaah, you don't want a KLR.  Everyone knows they are outdated overweight pigs incapable of doing any real riding.

Allen is a living testament that the KLR can do anything!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

lazeebum

The only thing that limits a KLR is it's rider. I'm proof of that.

scrappyjon

Quote from: SpeedyR on May 21, 2016, 09:48:21 AMKinda like a KLR but with more suspension travel, more motor, and a bit more "character".

just sayin'....

More character?? Nothing has more character than a KLR!