News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Headed to West Point

Started by Guidedawg, June 15, 2016, 05:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guidedawg

Georgia, that is.

The monthly ride sponsored by the Heritage Faith Riderz will be June 18 and going back roads from Montgomery to West Point, GA for a stop at the Hardley Creek Recreational area.

We'll be heading east either through or near Auburn and then small roads to skirt Opelika and go through Valley and Lanett before our time by the lake and then lunch in West Point.

The route home will carry us through Tallassee.

VWCarlos and I will both be in attendance so any Bama Rides members are more than welcome to join in.

We'll be meeting in the north parking lot of Heritage Baptist Church - 1849 Perry Hill Road in Montgomery
Meet at 8, KSU at 8:30

I'm trying to convince a few of the regulars to join Bama Rides so I can make most of my riding with one collective group. :)

Crandon

At first I thought that you were heading toward West Point in Cullman County.  I am heading over toward the Tri-City area and could have been close by.  Hope y'all have a blast.

VWCarlos

I am really looking forward to riding tomorrow. Its been a crazy stressful past couple of weeks and I am in desperate need of some two wheeled therapy.
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

VWCarlos

Had a great ride again today with the Faithriderz.  Had a bunch of bikes show up to ride. The weather was fair. Mostly overcast with a spot of rain. Luckily the clouds kept the temps down. The roads were good although I have no idea how we got to West point lake. Just about the time I would figure out where we were I was lost again. We must have zig-zagged all across western Alabama.  We ended up riding over the dam and stopping at the park at the bottom of the dam. After walking aroud the lake shore looking for some eagles we had a short devotional and left for our lunch location. The ride home was on roads I was more familar with. We stayed together till we got to Walnut Hill at the intersection of Hwy49 and 50. After that we split into different directions to find our own way home. It was a good day riding with good people. Looking forward to next months ride already.

At the lake...

My bike had a twin on the ride this time...

At the Irish Bred Pub for lunch...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

Guidedawg

Thanks for the report.  I hated missing it, but being all day without power and adjusting many things that needed doing around it had a trump.

I'm glad y'all had a good ride!

VWCarlos

I hate you missed it too. Sonny told me of your house troubles.
Heres a pic of everyone saying hey.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2007 Yamaha V-star 1100