News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New here

Started by catdander, June 20, 2016, 06:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catdander

Hi all.  I'm late to the party but let me introduce myself before trying to sell my bike to one of you fine people so I can enjoy life on my short light weight scooter.  I started riding 10 years ago at 47 years old.  It took me 2 years to tell my mom.  She forbade 2 things, no diving into unknown dark waters and no motorcycles.  She worked at Spain rehab for many years... Alas at age 49 she made one too many compliments about my leather jacket so I told her...about my scooter not my new bmw 650. 
We discussed how much more safe riding is today than in when she was a kid.  She told me about how she and her brother used to ride bicycle 2 up with no breaks in the Pittsburgh hills.  Without hesitation my mom thought my riding was cool.  Well I was 49 years old and should be able to do what I want, right?  Really my mom was always very open or clueless about what I did with just those 2 exceptions.  I was thrilled she was able to enjoy my experiences. 

Hope all your rides a safe.

Janine

Chitza

Welcome catdander! Glad you joined us. You will find a very supportive community here for riding, maintenance, camaraderie and any riding related topic you want to discuss. Watch the "Let's Ride", "Planned Rides" and "Events" threads to see what's going on and join us. We don't care what you ride, just that you ride! We cover it all here.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

jrobinson

Welcome from N. Alabama.

We have the perfect ride for you this Saturday,  http://bamarides.com/ride/index.php?topic=1094.0

Show up, brush your hair and wear your leather jacket. We'll get you some pics that will make you proud.

I'm sure our resident scooter dude will be long with a welcome soon.

mojo1

Welcome from Helena.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

VWCarlos

Welcome from Montgomery
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

bergman32

Welcome from Scottsboro. I ride  Burgman 650 scooter.

kdtrull

Welcome from Greenhill.

Guidedawg

Let me offer another Montgomery welcome.  I did not start riding until I was in my 40's as well.  The fact that it was after my father passed away did play some part.
Even as adults, we have to listen to them. :)

Lots of friendly folks here and you are welcome to join in on either bike.

Probably lots of folks who will plunge headlong into dark water also, though I'm not one of them.

Crandon

Welcome from Gurley, AL.  You will enjoy this place and the people too.

KrisCook

Welcome from Birmingham.  I was almost 50 before I started riding, and I totaled my bike on my first ride.  You are in very supportive community here.   :-* 

Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

lazeebum

Welcome from Florence.

klaviator

Welcome from Huntsville.  I'm the resident Scooter Dude.  Hope to see you on a ride some day.