Bham - LRC - Sauta Cave to watch the bats fly?

Started by kylepeterson, June 30, 2016, 12:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chitza

Lots of folks will be at the Rally in the Valley that night. Maybe the next weekend?
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Guidedawg

You may not want to wait any longer than after that.  The cave hosts a summer colony of the bats and their emergence peaks in mid-summer (according to websites)  It is listed as viewing from May-September.

TwoLaneBlackTop

Quote from: Chitza on September 01, 2016, 02:41:32 PM
Lots of folks will be at the Rally in the Valley that night. Maybe the next weekend?

Good to know

TwoLaneBlackTop

Quote from: Guidedawg on September 01, 2016, 04:30:29 PM
You may not want to wait any longer than after that.  The cave hosts a summer colony of the bats and their emergence peaks in mid-summer (according to websites)  It is listed as viewing from May-September.

Good info...may have missed the window. I'll look for something else.

kdtrull

Quote from: TwoLaneBlackTop on September 01, 2016, 04:54:24 PM

Come on out to the Rally in the Valley.  Always a great road ride there.

kylepeterson

haven't thought about it since then. I've attached the route. even if the bats aren't peaked it is a very cool thing to witness. I'm looking at dates now, well see.

TwoLaneBlackTop

Quote from: kdtrull on September 01, 2016, 06:35:55 PM
Quote from: TwoLaneBlackTop on September 01, 2016, 04:54:24 PM

Come on out to the Rally in the Valley.  Always a great road ride there.

I just seen the pics and vids from last years rally in the valley. If I can get that Friday off I'll definately give it a go. Dont know yet. Chitza sent me the links.