Main Menu

Tread Burner Ride - Sunday, July 17th

Started by KevinB, July 08, 2016, 11:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

KevinB

What - Tread Burner Ride

When - Sunday, July 17th

Where Meet at the Jack's restaurant on US231 at I-59 in Ashville (exit 166)

KSU at 9:00am

I'll be at Jack's for breakfast @ 8:30am

Ride will end at the Chevron at AL75 and US231 in Oneonta @ 5p.

This will be an all-day sporty ride, although any type of bike is welcome. We'll make a loop through NE AL to Chattanooga and back. Lunch will be at a location of opportunity and will be dependent on pace. We'll make gas/pee stops @ every 60 minutes. There's a slight chance of afternoon rain, and it'll be hot...start hydrating a few days before.

Ride your own ride. Don't exceed your ability to control your motorcycle, or talk your way out of a ticket. Pace will be sporty, but we won't be running hair-on-fire.

As a group, we won't be making any sketchy passes, but there may be some passing involved. Do it at your own risk, and do it when safe.

Make sure your bike is mechanically sound. Minor and unforeseen problems happen, but please don't show up with bald tires, parts duct-taped on, etc. and make everyone wait on the side of the road with you in the heat while you fix your stuff.

I will have a notebook with emergency contact info. If you don't want to give me your info, please let someone else on the ride know who to contact in the event of a crash/medical emergency or make other arrangements.

Shepcam

2013 Kawasaki Concours

mojo1

GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

speedfire

In.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Postmaster

Wolverine

This is my first post on Bamarides. Kevin found my thread on KTMforum where I was looking for KTM riders around Huntsville since I was looking at the 1290 GT from Midway Cycles to replace my ZX14R.

I don't know for sure if I'll be able to make this ride, but my question wass what time will everyone be meeting at Jack's? OP just says Sunday, unless I'm missing something.

Currently riding a 2003 SV650 naked track-bike with lights & mirrors.

jrobinson

Usually around 9 or 10, but Kevin will be along soon to give better details.

In the mean time, post up an intro with pics at http://bamarides.com/ride/index.php?board=1.0

Nice Goat

I'll be there, no matter what time it starts.  I need a good ride.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

KevinB

Doh! Forgot to add KSU time.

We'll be leaving Jack's @ 9am.

If anyone wants to jump in along the ride, our itinerary will be:

First gas/rest stop will be the Mapco at AL35/I-59 in Ft. Payne @ 10am.

Next stop will be the Love's Travel Stop at exit 158 on I-24 in Tennessee at Nickajack Lake. Should be there 11:15 - 11:30.

Lunch will be at Shuford's Smokehouse (or Subway next door if they're too crowded) at the intx. of TN27 and US127 at Signal Mtn. Arrival @ 12:30p

KevinB

Quote from: Wolverine on July 14, 2016, 08:26:48 AM

I don't know for sure if I'll be able to make this ride, but my question wass what time will everyone be meeting at Jack's? OP just says Sunday, unless I'm missing something.

Currently riding a 2003 SV650 naked track-bike with lights & mirrors.

Just so y'all know...if he's late for the ride,  its because he's doing a triathlon at 7am.

Whereas my pre-ride will involve biscuits and gravy...

:)

Chuck & Susan

Kevin has the better Idea!!!!
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Wolverine

Quote from: jribinson
In the mean time, post up an intro with pics at http://bamarides.com/ride/index.php?board=1.0

I just made a new member thread in the Welcome section: http://bamarides.com/ride/index.php?topic=1183.0

Nice Goat

Thanks for organizing the ride, Kevin.  Lots of great curvy roads.  I had 394 miles for the day!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

gulfcoaster

Once it cools off a bit, I may have to ride north to join you guys for a tread burner ride.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

klaviator

I wish I could have made this.  Maybe next time.