News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New to AL - Huntsville Rider

Started by Wolverine, July 15, 2016, 08:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolverine

Short intro... Moved to Huntsville Alabama for work at the end of February. Lived my whole life before this in Northwestern Iowa and Southwestern Minnesota area. Been a motorcycle enthusiast and rider for as long as I can remember. Recently (and regrettably) I sold my 2012 ZX14R which is my favorite bike of those I've owned. Setup for hyper-sport touring with thousands of dollars in aftermarket mods. Top speed reached with an ECU reflash and slip-on pipes was 196.4mph (GPS verified). Dyno sheet shows 191hp at the rear tire. I'm shopping for that bike's replacement, which is no easy task. Currently looking at the Ducati Multistrada DVT and the KTM 1290 Super Duke GT.

My only bike right now is my track machine, a 2003 SV650 naked built meticulously to AHRMA rulebook specs. To it I have added lights and mirrors to be able to ride it on the street while I shop for a new primary street bike. It's the ugliest bike on public roads, but it runs like a Swiss watch.

I hope to meet some local enthusiasts and learn the best roads in my area, or go do some trackdays!

jrobinson

Welcome from Paint Rock Valley.

All type of rides and riders here. Watch the Let's Ride, Planned Rides, and Events boards.

Holler if you have any questions.

klaviator

Welcome to Alabama and Bamarides.  You have made two very good choices by moving to Alabama as well as joining bamarides.  I moved to Huntsville a few years ago after having lived all over the country.  This is a great place to live and a great area to ride for a motorcycle enthusiast.  Bamarides has a great group of people on it and will give you a great opportunity to find great places to ride that you might never find on your own, at least that has been my experience. 

Keep an eye on Planned rides, let's ride and events for upcoming stuff.  Ride reports is a great place to look at some of the past rides we have done.  Sometimes ride reports end up being done in the planned rides thread so look at old threads there with a lot of views and you will find some interesting stuff.  I hope to see you soon at an upcoming ride or event.

KevinB

Welcome to BR! Plenty of good riding in the area, and tracks too (Tally and Barber).

I had an '08 ZX14 set up for touring. Never did the reflash, but still saw 181 gps'ed with the bags on. I ran out of balls before it did...it would have hit the 186 limiter even with those huge air brakes on the rear.

bergman32

VWCarlos

2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

lazeebum

Welcome from Florence.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Timbo64

Guidedawg

Welcome from a far more casual rider in Montgomery  8)

Sean Patrick

Wolverine

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Missed my chance to ride today, but I'll keep an eye out for the next one in the Huntsville/Madison/north AL area.

RubyRider

Welcome aboard, from a slow poke, down here in Centreville.

:o Sounds like you're too fast for me!
If you aint smokin, you are eatin dust!

Chitza

Welcome from Alaska. Home base, Pinson, AL. Nice bike.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB