News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New Seat!!

Started by VWCarlos, July 20, 2016, 08:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VWCarlos

My stock seat is good for about 200 miles and my rear is completely numb after that. Also the rear seat is pretty narrow and my wife says it is not a comfortable ride for any amount of miles. This is the main reason she doesn't go on long rides with me. I have been doing some research on the different aftermarket seats for my bike. Then the last ride with the Faithriderz there was a guy riding a V-star just like mine only a few years older. His had the Mustang seat and him and I got to talking about seats at one of the butt break/Fuel stops. He said that he had the same problem as I did with his stock seat. He stated that the Mustang is worth every penny you spend on it and that he can ride all day and if fine. So every since I have been looking at them and saving my nickles and dimes to purchase one. Well last night I was surfing ShopGoodwill.com and found one on there. The auction ended tonight and I got it for half price!! Its brand new too!! Needless to say I am thrilled to not only to have gotten a new seat that will make me and my wife happy but at half price. You cant beat that with a big stick! I wanted to post this on here to not only brag about my new seat but to almost make sure everyone knew about Shopgoodwill.com. Its an auction site similar to Ebay but its goodwill so its really cheap. My friend just got a really nice and large rear luggage bag by Saddlemen for like $30. So check it out sometime... You never know what you will find on there.

2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

Guidedawg

That sounds like a great deal!  I was fortunate in that this bike already had a Mustang seat when I bought it, and Honey has been happy with it.

I wasn't aware of the site and will have to check it out.

Crandon

Going to check out the site and see what I can get at a good deal.  Thanks for mentioning this on here.

VWCarlos

I got the seat and it was brand new. I couldn't find any signs that it had ever been installed... Of course I installed it on my bike immediately. Yesterday's ride to Cheaha was the first long trip I have been able to take with it. I got to say I am impressed so far. I wasn't as sore as usual after 200 plus miles. I was told that it takes a few long trips to really break it in. My wife is very happy. She is already wanting to go on a long ride now.

So if you got a cruiser with an uncomfortable stock seat I highly recommend the mustang... And don't forget to check out shop goodwill.com every once in a while.
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

gulfcoaster

My dad's VTX had one already on it when he bought it. He absolutely loves it and is able to ride all day on long weekend trips without any real discomfort.

I'll have to check that website out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lazeebum

I have had a couple of Mustang seats, they are well worth the money if you ride your motorcycle.