2010 KTM 990 SMT in Oxford, AL with extras...must sell $6,300

Started by custmmc, September 07, 2016, 09:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

custmmc

Must sell this 990 touring supermoto. Many extras, and ready to ride with good tires (new rear), good brakes (new rear), and recent oil change and other updates.

2010 KTM SMT, 18,702 miles, $6300

12 volt accessory power on handlebars (cigarette lighter style connector)

Large KTM tank bag

KTM Side Bags (zipper close only works in one direction)

Large Hard Top Case

Kaoko Cruise Control

G2 Aluminum Throttle Tube

Stock Windscreen

Tall Touring Windscreen

Seat Concepts Seat

Good Tires (new rear)

New rear disc pads

Reason for selling:  My eyes have a mist from the smoke of a different bike...

The Ram mounts along with GPS and Phone mounts and bar risers in some of the pictures will be removed for the next bike.  The previous (second) owner told me it has never been down, but I see scratches on handguard...could possibly have been from moving around in garage, but I doubt it.

Confirm KBB price for the stock model and then add for extras to determine total discount.

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

SpeedyR

the SMT is one of the truly great all around bikes on the market. comfortable to get to the good roads, then pull of the bags (or hell, leave them on!) and haul ass in the twisties..

the only comparable bike on the market these days are well in the $15-25k range. this bike is a steal!

(BTW you should post it on the ktmsmt.com forum and maybe ADV?)

custmmc

I leave Saturday and will be gone for a week.  Hope to sell within the next few days.  It needs a battery so dropping the price again.

And I cleaned it up a little.

Notice the adjuster on the spring for the rear shock to adjust the pre-load.

Slede

When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

norton73

Quote from: Slede on September 26, 2016, 06:31:59 PM
temptation, temptation

It's a v-twin, plenty tall, should have plenty of room for tall folks. What's not to like?
Loose nut holding the handlebars

custmmc

I installed a new battery and rode the SMT to work today.  Also including a couple of pictures to show the two different windscreen sizes.

Held in place to show the difference in height.

custmmc

Quote from: norton73 on September 27, 2016, 07:06:48 AM
Quote from: Slede on September 26, 2016, 06:31:59 PM
temptation, temptation

It's a v-twin, plenty tall, should have plenty of room for tall folks. What's not to like?

Actually this SMT is not that tall.  I have the stock foam (included in the sale) and was planning to fill the drivers seat so it has a flat seat more like a dirt bike.  The Ducati that I have for sale would be a better fit for a tall person.  This SMT should fit just about anybody of normal stature or on the vertically challenged side.  Be glad to let anyone check it out.

custmmc

I adjusted the price and miles because I have been riding it this past week and rode to Cheaha for breakfast this morning.  Weather has been perfect.

I had to stop and take some pictures as I passed Camp Mac...there was a mist dancing on top of the water.  I should have taken video.

klaviator

If I didn't already have my Versys and a full garage I'd be all over this as the SMT is IMO the best street bike KTM has ever made.  Back when midway Cycles had one of these in their showroom I would sit on it and drool.