North GA this weekend 16-18th- Hawks and others..

Started by SpeedyR, September 14, 2016, 04:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedyR

I know it's last minute but a group of friends, mostly guys/gals from the Honda Hawk groups (NT650) are going to meet up in Suches this weekend to ride (Sept 16-18th). weather is looking good, and they just repaved Richard Russel highway and cherahala skyway.

I bought a street bike, so will be riding on the street most of the weekend (might pack up the 950 just in case it rains or I feel to need to go play in the dirt). I'll be riding around Suches area friday (should get there around noon time frame) and have a room at the lodge. Saturday I"ll lead a small group on a "most of the day" ride up toward Highlands/Franklin area and back (dinner at TWoS), and then sunday just some short stuff around Suches again.

If anyone wants to join us, they are welcome to come hang out with us. Its a small group from all over the east coast (one guy left from MA today). Most of us used to have hawks, some still do but more of an excuse to get together and hang out and do some riding.

if you think you might come over, send me a message and I'll send my cell # so we know to look out for you. I know the rooms at the lodge are full but maybe check at the airport (High Valley cabins/lodge) pretty sure they have room, and camping is cheap with good facilities.

Nice Goat

Quote from: SpeedyR on September 14, 2016, 04:31:34 PM
...going to meet up in Suches this weekend to ride (Sept 16-18th)....
If anyone wants to join us, they are welcome to come hang out with us...

Sent you a PM about somebody from another forum wanting to join you.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."