News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Crow Mountain

Started by Guidedawg, September 20, 2016, 04:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guidedawg

I can't begin to tell you the route, but this was one of the rides offered from the Widow's Sons rally at Lake Guntersville State Park.

I know that we went through Scottsboro and crossed a few highways before going up to lunch on Crow Mountain.  I started recording about halfway at a gas break so this does not contain any of the beautiful scenery around the park, but gives a general idea of the rural and curvy areas that we did travel.  Just take whatever you see on the video and multiply it a few times and it'll give you the general idea.

jrobinson

gas stop was Hwy 35 near river. Right on Hwy 72 to Hollywood, Al, Left on CR 33 through downtown Hollywood, then up Crow Mt. At the top of the mountain you took a left on Hwy 79 and rode into Skyline on Skyline Mt. There you had lunch and were 25 miles from my house.

At 2:22 in the video, you were at the curve where klaviator, Dan and myself spent several hours taking pics and videos.

Crandon

Glad you like the ride, I will be sure to tell Doc that you enjoyed it and hopefully get him on Bama Rides.  By the way, what kind of video set up do you use?

Guidedawg

I have a Swann Freestyle camera that some BamaRides members mentioned when it came up on Woot.

It was inexpensive when compared to a GoPro, but I can tell you the battery can only be purchased from the Australian vendor and it's not cheap.
But otherwise, I've enjoyed it.  I knew that I would only be taking some short casual footage for personal use so I didn't want to invest in more camera than I needed.

I had it on a mount near the handlebars of my last bike and the video was always shaky.  I purchased a GoPro helmet strap (Most GoPro accessories will fit) and have been pleased with the results.