News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

So I'm thinking about comms, want opinions.

Started by James L, September 23, 2016, 05:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James L

My wife and I are going to modular helmets, and I think comms are in order. I really want Cardo pack talk duos, but I keep reading mixed comments.

I have heard the sena 20s are nice as well.

I would like opinions of people who have cardos or know people who have cardos

James L.

Al Goodwin

My wife and I use the UClear HBC200, sold at Cycle Gear.....no complaints after the latest "update", before we'd get some terrible feedback from time to time...but now it's just crystal clear.

These don't have a boom-mic, the mics are built into the speakers.... pull up YouTube and watch some reviews.

They offer newer models than the one we have as well.

James L

Thanks for the info...I'll check them out.

James L

Yankee Dog

2up or separate bikes.  For 2up the missus and I use the Cardo Scala Rider Teamset.  Works great.  Clear to the triple digits.  Outstanding battery life.  Short range however   Not so good if you are on separate bikes.

James L

Will be riding 2up, but also would like comms with other bikes as well. That is why I was steering towards the Cardo Duo Packtalk.

James L

IceCold4x4

Sena 20s I love it. Works great in groups of 4 or less half a mile or so of range and great clarity . Once you go past 4 the distance is cut in half but it's still around a 1/4 mile and quality suffers a bit with some digital distortion but everyone is still easily understood. More if you have a good line if sight. Also it will connect to other brands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Al Goodwin

I believe you can link up to 9 of the UClear units together....and they act as repeaters to one another, so if 9 bikes were linked together they could be quite a distance apart. 

Just what I've read, I've not actually tried it.

robreynolds

I own 2 sets of Cardo's... the Scala G9's and the Scala G9x's and both work well but are finiky to set up.  I also have used a buddys Sena 10's and if I had to buy new ones, I'd go with Sena route.

Since both my helmets are setup for the Scala's, I'm sticking with them for now.

Chitza

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

James L

Thanks Chitza,

I decided to buy a SMH5 Sena for now, just to get through the winter. I will be upgrading to the Cardo Packtalk next summer, when the wife starts riding again (I'm riding through the winter).

I also upgraded to a HJC IS-Max 2, but will be upgrading again to a Schuberth when I get the funds.

James L