News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Anniversary Trip for lazee and his bride.

Started by lazeebum, September 25, 2016, 09:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazeebum

This is my wife Brenda. We will celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary on September 26th.

She is the one responsible for me getting into riding motorcycles. I was content fishing three or four days a week. She had very little interest in fishing, but suggested that we get a motorcycle. I was hesitant, and content fishing. Long story short, one day my older brother let me ride his son's Rebel and I was hooked. After a while of riding, and getting my riding legs under me, she started riding with me.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

lazeebum

She can no longer ride as much as she used to, but I did talk her into trying some gravel road travel with me, but that doesn't suit her, so back to pavement we go.

01YZF6

Sorry to interrupt your post, but happy anniversary

scott59

lazeebum

It was a happy accident that we discovered US 129 and the Cherohala Skyway. We were just out riding on another anniversary trip and ended up in this area. I never get tired of the scenery or roads over here.

lazeebum

Since Brenda has not ridden in quite a while, she opted to hang out in the motel and watch TV Sunday.  There was no way I could stay couped up with so many roads to explore. I decided to ride past Bald River Falls through the Green Cove area.  It is River Road, on past trips to the Tellico Plains area I would usually take North River road to Forest Rd 81.  River Rd was a fun choice, a lot of fun curves and elevation changes. It started out as a nice paved road and then turned into gravel.

lazeebum

I was having so much fun that I didn't get any pictures from River Road.
After riding to Murphy NC on River Road, I filled up with gas.
After fueling up, I"experimented" with my GPS. I have to credit to my buddy KDTrull for coaching me with my use of this thang. I typed in Robbinsville NC and minimize distance. This led to my discovery of a really fun road Tathum Gap road.

This was one fun road! Also a historical site as you can see by the picture.

That is all for Sunday. I am gonna try to persuade my bride to go for another ride today.

Guidedawg

Nice!

It was my wife who initially wanted a motorcycle as well.  It's very cool that your bride not only encouraged the bike, but also supports you riding about even when she is no longer as up to it as she once was.

Just make sure to do something special for her this weekend and Happy Anniversary!

lazeebum

I conned her into riding a nice loop with me today!  It has been a while since she rode any significant distance, but we rode 129 and Cherohala Skyway. We took quite a few breaks, and just did beat the rain to the motel.

The overlook on 129.

Yeah it's cheesy, but we had fun.

kdtrull

Great report....and on the fly, even.
Way to go man!  Happy anniversary to both of y'ens.

lazeebum

lazeebum

The last full day of our little trip, and Brenda didn't feel like riding. So off I go alone again. Today I just took Ballplay road to the Cherohala Skyway. I took a few pictures this morning because I liked the difference between the sunny days and cloudy days. As you can see, it was cloudy today.

lazeebum

I have passed this bear a few times and never taken a picture. Fortunately, the traffic is light through the week on the Skyway, so I finally got one.

lazeebum

I forgot to mention that I also rode 129 again. The traffic was really light. I didn't have to worry about "speed racer" or a parade, except for the couple of miles that I was behind a 30 foot RV towing a car.