News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

November 19th Allsport Saturday Shift

Started by Campbell92, October 27, 2016, 11:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Campbell92

We are planning another Saturday Shift breakfast ride for November 19th. It may be a cold one so plan accordingly.....but you know how Alabama weather can be.
If you are needing winter riding gear come on by and see us before the event. Mention the event and we will give you some awesome deals on some new duds.
This event we plan to ride to......well.....we want to hear from you. Name us some new locations. We want to hear about your favorite breakfast location. We recommend the locations for this ride be no more than 30-45 minutes away. The more locations the better. We would like to plan more rides all over this great state.
Please spread the word on this ride. Young riders and seasoned veterans alike, we want to build a strong community of riders.
Send people our way and let them know we want them out there riding.

PLEASE LET US KNOW ON OUR EVENT PAGE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED OR PLAN TO GO. FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW SO WE WILL HAVE A GOOD HEADCOUNT.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1101467936636737/

If you do not have Facebook, please let us know here on Bamarides if you are interested or plan to go!!  :) :)

INFO: We have decided to go to the Blue Plate Café on Governors Drive in Huntsville. Remember we will leave Allsport at 7am Saturday the 19th. If you would like to meet us at the Blue Plate instead of at Allsport you are more than welcome to.

jrobinson

Glad you are posting and hosting these events, but a lot of members here don't have Facebook. It would be better if you posted details, pics and ride report here also.

Campbell92

I will keep that in mind. I am new to Bama rides so this a learn as you go for me ;D. I will make sure to take a roll call here on the forum.

Campbell92

Hey we are interested if anyone has decided if they are going on the ride next weekend. We are still looking for feedback on any interesting places to eat breakfast.

klaviator

November 19th is 2 weekends from now.  I ate breakfast for the first time at the Blue Plate Cafe on memorial drive last weekend. It was pretty good and seems to be a popular spots for riders.   You could hit some fun roads if you crossed the river and then crossed back on 231.  It would be a little bit longer ride than the last one but you could ride some nice curvy roads. 

Campbell92

We had talked about that. The vintage Bike club meets there on Saturday as well. It might be interesting to meet some new riders that way as well.

Campbell92

INFO: We have decided to go to the Blue Plate Café on Governors Drive in Huntsville. Remember we will leave Allsport at 7am Saturday the 19th. If you would like to meet us at the Blue Plate instead of at Allsport you are more than welcome to.

klaviator

I'm going to try to make this.  I will probably set up a ride for after breakfast if anyone is interested.  I post something more definite in a few days.

klaviator

Quote from: Campbell92 on November 12, 2016, 02:30:52 PM

How about changing this to the Blue Plate on Memorial PKWY.  The local Vintage club will be there and this will give us the chance to meet & mingle with them. 

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

I just saw the discussion on FB on going to the Memorial Blue Plate vs Governor's.  The BPC on Memorial is a big restaurant with plenty of room.  We had a fairly large group there a last weekend in addition to the vintage club and there was plenty of room.  We just didn't eat in the same room as they did.  It was cool having a parking lot full of bikes.

Campbell92

We chose the governors location for this ride and already updated the Facebook page. We would hate for people to show up to the governors location and the group actually be at the memorial location.

klaviator

Too late to change it now.  I'll probably meet you at the cafe but if I wake up real early I may ride over to Allsport.

Campbell92

Awesome yet cold ride. Pretty good turnout considering the weather. 7 riders total at Blue Plate. I will post video once I get a cord for the Go Pro....which unfortunately took a spill. It is alright though, it only broke the case. I did manage to collect a few pictures though from the Bluetooth as well as my phone.
Cant wait for the next ride. Stay posted. We plan to hopefully host an event in December and host a Polar Bear Ride in January.

Nice Goat

Thanks for organizing the ride.  I got a couple of photos too!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."