News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Lewis and Hickman county Tennessee.

Started by lazeebum, November 23, 2016, 06:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazeebum

I'm planning on trying to ride some dirt roads in Lewis and Hickman county, Tennessee.  No I don't think I will cover much of the Dirt Devil, but I will be on parts of it. I plan on camping at the Meriwether Lewis national monument park. Camping is free and the restrooms are clean. There ain't no showers, but did I mention that camping is free!

My intention is to leave my house around 6:30 Friday morning, and have my tent set up at the campground by 10.  Anyone interested is welcome to come up, camp and ride Friday afternoon and then Saturday. The riding in that area is good. My "pace" will be relaxed.  I also plan on camping Saturday night, so if you can't make it early Friday, come up late Friday night or early Saturday morning.  The park and campground is right off of the Natchez Trace, so it's easy to find. I will watch for any questions in this thread.

Al Goodwin

I go back to work Saturday morning or I'd be there.

Sounds like a good trip.  Enjoy the ride and be safe.

lazeebum

There were no takers for such short notice, but I still camped both nights. 
I mistakenly thought I would have the campground to myself, there was a group of fellows from South Mississippi up there camping and riding.  They invited me to join them, but they had lofty goals for the day and I didn't want to slow them down.  I managed to get in some nice easy two lane blacktop and several different gravel roads. 
I didn't have a goal or destination in mind. It was kinda like a "coin" toss ride.  I did end up at one familiar place.

It was a good time hanging out with fellow riders from Mississippi. And then just doing my own thing.

Maybe in the near future, after some rain and the burn ban is lifted, I can plan a little more in advance for a camp and ride.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk

lazeebum

Maybe Kenneth has a picture of the waterfall when it is not so dry.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk

Nice Goat

Quote from: lazeebum on November 27, 2016, 03:33:56 PM
There were no takers for such short notice....

I wanted to join you, Randy, but between family and school, it just wasn't in the stars for me this weekend.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

lazeebum

Quote from: Nice Goat on November 27, 2016, 04:28:00 PM
Quote from: lazeebum on November 27, 2016, 03:33:56 PM
There were no takers for such short notice....

I wanted to join you, Randy, but between family and school, it just wasn't in the stars for me this weekend.
I just didn't want to keep the fun to myself.  I kinda expected to be alone, since it is the holidays, I firmly believe that family is first.