News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Re: Ride to High Falls Sat 1-14

Started by bergman32, January 14, 2017, 05:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renchinrider

Bergman, Klaviator, et al,

Was great "running into you" at the traffic intersection at AL 67.  Wish we could have shared lunch together, but with South Sauty CafĂ© closed (until???), we couldn't make new plans on the fly. 

It was really exciting to see that many Bama Riders out together enjoying a ride.  Hope all of you enjoyed it!

Look forward to the next opportunity to ride together!

Rench
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

klaviator

We ended up having a nice ride to High Falls.  The weather was great except for some fog in the morning.  We ended up with around 18 bikes.  We actually had two groups involved.  Some of the riders were from Bamarides and some were from the Friends Who Ride club.  Some of us are in both groups. 

I left my house fairly early and met up with Curtis and Maurene at the Hardees on 231 and we headed out.  It was overcast but there was blue sky to the South.  I tried to get some pics of it.

As we got near Guntersville is got cold and foggy.

I stole this pic from one of the other riders:

Breakfast at Huddle house was good.  We had quite a crowd of bikes and riders in the parking lot.

Then we headed out riding Wyeth Dr and Wyeth Mountain rd before picking up 227 to the High Falls Turnoff.

Another stolen pic:

An over the shoulder shot.

klaviator

We spent some time at High Falls.  My first time to high falls was exactly 3 years ago with Johnny, Sandy and Wayne.  Johnny and Sandy couldn't make it today.  The water was really flowing three years ago:

There wasn't as much water today but it was still impressive and everyone enjoyed themselves.

We had a good mix of bikes:

klaviator

After the Falls we headed to Scottsboro.

We had lunch at the Triple R BBQ in Scottsboro.  I think everyone ate so much they needed a nap.  Only Scooter Rick was up for more riding after lunch.  Since he had never seen the world famous Rock Zoo:

Then we rode up Crow Mountain and through Paint Rock Valley before heading home.  It was a great way to spend a mid winter day!

Thanks everyone who showed up.  I think Mojo1 got the long distance award for this ride.

Nice Goat

Thanks for organizing the ride, Win.  I enjoyed breakfast and the first part of the ride.  I had errands to attend to, so I turned around where 227 turns at S. Sauty Rd.  Rode back down 227 at a healthy clip, then a little more leisurely through Arab and back to Cullman.  Got home and changed the oil on the Versys.  It was nice to get out and ride in decent temps, even with the early morning fog.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Chuck A.

Man, I wanted to join ya'll. Got the bike running from the melted main fuse. Rode 2 1/2 hours before it played out again, never blowing a fuse yet. Got to order a new starter relay. That's where the main fuse is. Had a weak connection causing it to overheat.

Glad ya'll had a large turnout. Was a great day for a ride!
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

klaviator

Quote from: Chuck A. on January 15, 2017, 04:27:56 PM
Man, I wanted to join ya'll. Got the bike running from the melted main fuse. Rode 2 1/2 hours before it played out again, never blowing a fuse yet. Got to order a new starter relay. That's where the main fuse is. Had a weak connection causing it to overheat.

Glad ya'll had a large turnout. Was a great day for a ride!

This is why you need a backup bike 8)

hawkvtx

Great time. Really enjoyed seeing everyone. Nice pics too, except for that one of me. Looks like I'm getting stung by a bee.  :o
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500