RFP #11 - Tellico, Tax Avoidance, and Pie, April 13-16

Started by gharshman, January 27, 2017, 10:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

mojo1

I may come along and do some street riding like I did the last year. I will probably stay in Etowah again, it was only about a 15 min ride from the campground. I liked exploring around finding some roads I would usually pass on by.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

jrobinson

Shepcam

Quote from: mojo1 on March 22, 2017, 07:46:53 PM
I may come along and do some street riding like I did the last year. I will probably stay in Etowah again, it was only about a 15 min ride from the campground. I liked exploring around finding some roads I would usually pass on by.

Greg, me and Shane will be hitting some new curves on Saturday. About 7 hrs worth and you are welcome to join us. We are staying at the Microtel and will leave out that morning.
2013 Kawasaki Concours

mojo1

GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

norton73

Just reserved the last cabin.

We are not taking Thursday off, we'll see y'all Friday evening.

Loose nut holding the handlebars

Fencejumper09

If somehow I am able to convince the wife to allow me to attend it will just be for Thurs - Sat.

Is anyone planning to ride street Friday? If I ride up it will be on the sumo and I have never ridden the Cherohala or the Dragon so those would be fun!

I have no problem putting a route together with a little help from somebody who knows the area.
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

jrobinson

I'll be on my Harley 2-up riding street Friday-Sunday. Cam on his brand new fancy Goldwing 2-up.

Greg, Shane, Shep and mojo on sporty speed bullets.

Lynn (Ms. Norton) on her ST

Karla riding street also.
(edited since my mind is bad)

There may be more, but this should give you what you need.

Chuck & Susan

CAM will be taking it easy on his Fancy New Goldwing 2-up. I'm not going to push the curves too much. Still getting the feel of this thing. My plan is to make the same run Fencejumper has in mind. I have been there before on the old wing solo and has always waited for the chance to take the wife on that route.

We plan to leave Wednesday and ride up to Athens. Stay over night and meet with the group at Jack's the next morning to ride on up.

We are both looking forward to the trip and meeting more BamaRides peeps.

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chitza

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Chuck & Susan

Fencejumper, The route I had in mind would look something like this PDF posted on Hunt's Lodge web site. I had to go find it. But nothing is set in stone. But it seems to be a nice loop.

http://www.huntslodge.com/Cherohala_Skyway-Deal_s_Gap_loop.pdf
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Fencejumper09

Very cool! I just wasn't sure who all be be riding street on Friday! hopefully I can make it!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

klaviator

I will probably be riding dual sport but might change my mind between now and then.  I won't get there until Friday late afternoon or early evening.

KevinB

I'll be most likely be trailering up Thursday with both Huskies (I've got to make an expedient trip back on Sunday to do the Easter thing with some family...it's just quicker/less tiring with the truck).

I'll bring some folding chairs, EZ-Up, etc. If anyone wants a particular beverage for the cooler, let me know. Also, if anyone has a bulky item they want me to transport just get with me before then.

I'll pack an MX stand, tools, tubes, oil etc. if you guys/gals want to pack lighter and leave some of that stuff at home.

norton73

I believe Wayne, owner at CMT, has tools and an air compressor that he will let you use if you ask nicely.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

mega1e6

I am planning on joining this ride.
I'll be bringing my XR650L.
The less asphalt the better  8)
Coming up Thursday evening, riding Friday and Saturday.

Hoping to share a cabin if anyone still has room  ;D