RFP #11 - Tellico, Tax Avoidance, and Pie, April 13-16

Started by gharshman, January 27, 2017, 10:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Chuck & Susan

We will be making our way to Athens on Wednesday, April 12th.  Will be staying overnight and meet everyone at Jack's.  If anyone wants to tag along, let us know and we will meet somewhere.  Remember we are coming from south Alabama.

Chuck & Susan
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chuck & Susan

2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars

Nice Goat

Yeah, that was from last Thursday (when they were dealing with the storm that came through Alabama on Wednesday).

The forecast is showing 79 in Tellico, so plan on 55 or so on the mountain. 

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

norton73

Mostly just jerking chains, but I wouldn't go over the Cherahola first thing in the morning without plenty of clothes.

A few years back, I think Memorial Day weekend, we were returning from Robbinsville and were coming down into Tellico Plains just before dark. it had been cool enogh that I had a sweater on under my jacket at 4000 ft plus, and there was several bikes headed up with riders and passengers in t-shirts and fingerless gloves.
I bet they froze before they got much further.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

klaviator

The Goat and I rode over the Skyway a couple of years ago on a hot day in the late spring.  When we got to Tellico Plains we stopped for gas and I added a layer.  Glen was wondering what I had been smoking adding clothes in the heat but he figured it out a few thousand feet of elevation later 8)

Jwwr

It's mostly melted. I was actually surprised to see this as it wasn't very cold up high. There is lot of salt on the Cherohala, though.

kdtrull

Quote from: Jwwr on April 10, 2017, 05:07:38 PM
It's mostly melted. I was actually surprised to see this as it wasn't very cold up high. There is lot of salt on the Cherohala, though.

Nice new fuel storage depot.

Chuck & Susan

We leave this morning for Athens.  We are looking forwarding to seeing/meeting everyone.  Have a great day. 

Chuck & Susan
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Jwwr

Nice new fuel storage depot.
[/quote]

Thanks, I like it. Except now I have to plan rest stops. 🙂

Jwwr

I decided to start early. It's just me and Jim from Toronto here. Nice and peaceful.

KevinB

Doh! If I'd known someone was there, I'd have come up a day early.  :)

I plan to head out @ 8a in the morning and shag-a$$ up there. Hopefully get there in time to unload and do some riding in the afternoon.

Chitza

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

mojo1

GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

TFancher

I plan to be at Jacks before 9 in the morning. That means I will be rolling out of TTown about 5:30. Glenn don't leave until you see me or hear from me!
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.