News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Yamaha FZ 10 I Bought One

Started by twowheeldawg, February 26, 2017, 08:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammerdown77

No video of the coming down the back side of Green? (or is that due to possible legal ramifications :))

I don't think I've ever been able to make a clean run UP Green. I laughed when you were behind that truck, as that is usually my experience, especially on a nice day (lots of folks going to the trails up there).

Was this Friday? Or last weekend? I may have seen you.

I'll be curious to see your continued impressions of that FZ-10. Looks like a real hooligan machine. I saw the other day where they are coming out with a "touring" version, which is just basically a couple small hard cases and a screen.
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Hammerdown77

Also, I just watched your test ride video, and I'm shocked they let you take a new Yamaha for a test ride...
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

twowheeldawg

Quote from: Hammerdown77 on February 27, 2017, 09:26:07 AM
No video of the coming down the back side of Green? (or is that due to possible legal ramifications :))

I don't think I've ever been able to make a clean run UP Green. I laughed when you were behind that truck, as that is usually my experience, especially on a nice day (lots of folks going to the trails up there).

Was this Friday? Or last weekend? I may have seen you.

I'll be curious to see your continued impressions of that FZ-10. Looks like a real hooligan machine. I saw the other day where they are coming out with a "touring" version, which is just basically a couple small hard cases and a screen.

This was last Friday.  The back side of Green Mountain was slooooooow going, so I did not want to bore the viewer.  I will get a bit cleaner.  It is squirrelly both up and down that side of the mountain.   I did pass 2 bikers around noon.  A cruiser (which is in the video) and a sport bike rider coming up the back side of the mountain.

The bike is in the hooligan status of bikes.

twowheeldawg

Quote from: Hammerdown77 on February 27, 2017, 09:32:19 AM
Also, I just watched your test ride video, and I'm shocked they let you take a new Yamaha for a test ride...

Yeah, I had to talk the GM into letting me ride it b/c they are not insured on bikes over 100hp.  I assured him I would not wreck it and would be careful.  Also, I was not going to purchase the bike without riding one first.