News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Blue Plate to Allsport pre-ride

Started by klaviator, March 19, 2017, 09:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Since I plan on leading a ride from the Blue Plate Cafe to Allsport next Saturday I thought it might be a good idea to come up with a route.  My goal is a ride around 2 hours long not including a stop, maybe 2 1/2 max.  Of course, like all of my rides working in as many curves as possible is also a goal.  So I headed out around noon for my first stop:

Heading through town on my way to the mountains and back roads east of Huntsville.

Some back roads.

I crosses into Jackson County and headed up CR8.

Then I rode up through Skyline and took 146 to 65 through Paint Rock Valley.

I took a little break just off of 65.

And rode 65 to 72. 65 is a great road with a lot of fun curves.

At this point I decided that this route is probably too long for next weekends ride. I'll probably just go over Keel mountain then back over Green mountain. Then we'll cross 231 and hit some fun roads south of the river on our way to Decatur.  I might head out for another pre-ride sometime this week.......or I might just wing it next Saturday.

klaviator

I did another pre-ride today.  I wanted to ride the portion of the ride south of the river.  I have done this route several times before but it has a lot of turns so I wanted to refresh my memory.

This sign is not kidding.  There are some tight curves on these roads that will catch you by surprise if you are not paying attention.  I took a couple of pics but not of any of the tight curves.

These a some really off the beaten path, narrow and sometimes bumpy back roads.  Don't be surprised if you hear banjo music when riding these roads ;)

Glad I did the pre-ride since I blew right by a couple of turns. 

I ended up at Allsport.  As soon as I walked in I saw this:

They just got this in.  There wasn't even a price tag on it.  Anyone know what it is??

Giving it the sit test.

Tombo64 stopped by and gave it the sit test as well.

Then he went and asked Dean what his Ninja 300 would be worth in trade ;D

Some more new bikes:

As for the route on Saturday, I'm going to wait to make a final decision on that.  Right now the weather forecast keeps changing.  If it's raining I'll cancel the ride because I don't want to lead a group on a bunch of wet twisty roads.  I'll still go to the Blue Plate for breakfast and Allsport even if it's raining.  I'll just take a more direct route from one to the other.

Shepcam

2013 Kawasaki Concours

klaviator