News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Vintage Bikes and Allsport

Started by jrobinson, March 26, 2017, 08:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrobinson

Sandy and I went to Blue Plate Cafe and enjoyed breakfast with a group of vintage bike enthusiast.  As we pulled into the parking lot, I see another bike in front of us. He parks in the row of bikes and I see he's riding a 1978 Kawasaki KZ 650 blue in color. This is identical to the first bike I purchased in 1978.
We start talking about his bike as we walked into the cafe. He holds out his hand and says "Hi, I'm Mike Robinson" I glance at Sandy and we grin. I say " Hi, I'm Johnny Robinson". He says " Well my full name is John Michael Robinson" I say "Me too". I find out he's from Chattanooga, so probably not related.

Bikes at the Blue Plate. You can see the nicely restored KZ650.

More bikes and Win giving a pre-ride talk. He then led a ride along the south side of the Tenn River head to Allsport Motorsports in Decatur.

After breakfast we rode over to Allsports in Decatur to checkout the new Royal Enfields. Great folks at Allsports if you're in the market for a new bike.

A few details of the Royals

Sandy test fitting a new bike. She didn't buy it.

Mike on his vintage bike

I have to say Sandy looked a little better on the bike than Win did. lol

A few of the new bikes at Allsport. Charcoal gray Versys 300. They also had a green one.

Some of the bikes that followed Win on the ride over to Decatur