News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

quick trip to Mobile and orange beach

Started by polarissalesman, April 11, 2017, 12:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polarissalesman

Wow what a weekend. Left work at 2 Saturday,ran home changed clothes,got on the motorcycle and headed to Mobile. 320 miles later I arrived at our daughters. We left Sunday for Orange Beach via Dauphin Island Ferry...Spent day on the beach with family Sunday. Left Monday morning for home.Now you never know how I will travel when riding alone, Lets just say i crisscrossed the state...almost 380 miles today...Even using sunscreen spf 70 I'm still toasted....saw some places I've never saw and may never see again. All in all was a great weekend of riding... here is the route I took home, well there was a cplle detours because of road construction    https://goo.gl/maps/TQGCNEyDgfv 
"keep the rubber side down"

Guidedawg

You did indeed.  My driveway went straight to Hwy 43, and I have driven it a lot through Mobile, Washington, and Clark counties but not as much so far up.

polarissalesman

I forgot to add my route to Mobile   https://goo.gl/maps/QK6natsV7p12

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

gulfcoaster

You did that trip just about perfectly.  I've pretty much made your return ride several times, in parts and the whole thing.  At least up to Tuscaloosa.  Hope you had a great time.  You definitely had great riding weather. 

The first time I put my kickstand down on the ferry I had an uneasy feeling.  Stood right there by the bike for a minute or two.  But it's a nice little boat ride.  Especially cool if you get to see a few dolphins.

Chuck & Susan

I go a bit further than Gulfcoaster... As you can see in this pic from last weekend, I normally just sit on the bike and enjoy the softer seat.. LOL.... You should be able to pick out the Goldwing in the middle.

It was a club ride. A good group. All Fire Fighters.
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

polarissalesman

Quote from: Nice Goat on April 11, 2017, 03:43:35 PM
A motorcycle on a ferry .... I love it!

Glenn remind me to tell the story of me getting on that Ferry....  that's a whole thread within itself and a funny one...

polarissalesman

Quote from: cam21943 on April 11, 2017, 07:49:29 PM
I go a bit further than Gulfcoaster... As you can see in this pic from last weekend, I normally just sit on the bike and enjoy the softer seat.. LOL.... You should be able to pick out the Goldwing in the middle.

It was a club ride. A good group. All Fire Fighters.

GREAT picture .....

Chuck & Susan

Oh and if you make this run again stay on Hwy 59 all the way to Uriah and Hwy 21. Much better ride than I-65. You miss the prison view but Fort Mims, Red Eagle Grave and a natural spring drinking well can replace those. Also Hwy 225 runs from Spanish Fort up to Hwy 59 in Stockton, another nice ride. If your down and not such a flying trip, Look up us South Bama folks and we will all go ride!!
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

polarissalesman

Quote from: cam21943 on April 11, 2017, 08:48:41 PM
Oh and if you make this run again stay on Hwy 59 all the way to Uriah and Hwy 21. Much better ride than I-65. You miss the prison view but Fort Mims, Red Eagle Grave and a natural spring drinking well can replace those. Also Hwy 225 runs from Spanish Fort up to Hwy 59 in Stockton, another nice ride. If your down and not such a flying trip, Look up us South Bama folks and we will all go ride!!

I got up and decided to follow the GPS, I did untill I decided I didn't want to go all the way to B'ham on 65, so when I stopped I was on 21...Normally I'm traveling back from Mobile and I do 98,old 63 to 57 to 45 to 82 to 12/18 to hwy 17  BUT I will know to do 59 to 21 next trip :D