News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Tellico Rains

Started by Gam, May 02, 2017, 04:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gam

The original plan was to canoe camp on the Elk River, I've canoe camped a couple of times on this river and have always wanted to do it riding a motorcycle up there. We had it all set up;  ride to the Elk River Canoe Rental on Saturday, camp in one of their primitive spots Saturday night, they would shuttle us and the canoe upstream on Sunday, camp on the river Sunday night, float down to their place on Monday and ride the bikes home. This was a couple of weeks ago when we had all that rain, so that plan got scratched, we weren't in the mood to get swept away by a flash flood.
   So we decided to ride small bikes down to the Conecuh National Forest and ride part of my monster dual sport route down there, it's about the only part I have left. By Thursday that was looking grim, solid red and orange on the weather maps, and talks of possible twisters. The Conecuh National Forest may be the herptofauna capital of the US, I kept thinking about crossing some rain swollen stream and hitting one of those Water Moccasin balls like in Lonesome Dove. So we just headed for to Tellico and the Cherohala Motorcycle Resort, thinking we would stay there Saturday night and camp Sunday night. 

The rain never stopped

Sunday we decided to just ride in the rain, there are some waterfalls along Bullet Creek Rd., and we figured they would be raging.  Even that didn't work out

So it was back to the cabin, drink a couple of beers, pick a little music, and feed the rabbit. Pretty good weekend.

kdtrull

I can't figure out if I should hit the "like" button or offer condolences.  :-\

Gam

Quote from: kdtrull on May 02, 2017, 06:03:51 PM
I can't figure out if I should hit the "like" button or offer condolences.  :-\

It beat sitting around the house.

Nice Goat

You could have come up with us two weeks prior ... we had great weather ... and almost 20 people ... and pie ... just sayin' :D
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."