News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Without my bike

Started by huffy, June 04, 2017, 12:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huffy

First of April 2017 while out riding my stratoliner a knocking started as I pulled over quickly and trailed the bike home . After returning home picking the phone up calling a friend that works at a Victory & Polaris dealer in service maintenance .
  I wait hoping for good news but as the phone rings and notice it's him there was no good news at all . Oil pump locked up broke the oil gear drive gear and weakened the lifters . I ask him to check every single part for wear and replace if needed I plan on riding the stratoliner until the wheels come off .

LawnmowerRG

Man that sucks! I would ask for a quote that could get to be a very expensive repair. 
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

huffy

A little update . After pulling the motor and tearing down into the motor the cost to rebuild the motor was going to be around $4000.00 which was his cost with no mark up  that's not counting labor .  I went another rout buying a midnight used motor with only 1800 miles that come out of a wrecked roadliner with a full refund warranty if any problems with the motor for 1/4 of the price .
If any covers are scratched I can is the covers off my motor .
Waiting on the motor to show up now to start checking it out and place it into my bike .

huffy

Quote from: huffy on July 06, 2017, 08:37:34 PM

A little update . After pulling the motor and tearing down into the motor the cost to rebuild the motor was going to be around $4000.00 which was his cost with no mark up  that's not counting labor .  I went another rout buying a midnight used motor with only 1800 miles that come out of a wrecked roadliner with a full refund warranty if any problems with the motor for 1/4 of the price .
If any covers are scratched I can use the covers off my motor .
Waiting on the motor to show up now to start checking it out and place it into my bike .

renchinrider

Congrats finding a donor engine.  Sounds like you landed a good deal and it'll be great to hear when you're finally back on the road!  Good luck with the install!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!