News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Vintage Rider News - Rench's Rap for June 3rd, 2017

Started by renchinrider, June 04, 2017, 10:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renchinrider

Hi, Everyone!

Saturday morning's breakfast was great.  Along with having three Ducattis among our group of rides, a Porsche club's cars populated the parking lot as well--what a way to start the day!

Here's what we have upcoming:

June 9th-10th:  Kings of Grudge presents The Big South Hustle motorcycle drag racing at the Huntsville Dragway.  Gates open at 3 pm on Friday afternoon, and 9 am Saturday morning.  General admission is $20/day, or $35 for the weekend, and kids under 10 are free.

June 10th:  "Meet in the Middle" Gathering in Chattanooga  UPDATE.  Participants will rally at the general store/bait and tackle shop at the intersection of AL Highway 35 and AL Highway 40 in Scottsboro at 8:30 am.  Mike Robinson will assemble everyone and announce kickstands up.  He's got a scenic route selected to get everyone to Nikki's Drive-In in Chattanooga.  There, at noon, we'll link up with our Vintage Motorcycle Club colleagues joining the event from parts far and wide.   Please note that Nikki's is a cash-only restaurant.  After lunch, we'll participate in a scenic ride, and a bit of fellowship, and then return to Huntsville/Athens in time for the flat track racing event in Athens.  Please monitor our Facebook site for any special updates as the weekend approaches.

June 10th:  For anyone unable to travel to Chattanooga but looking for a riding opportunity, BamaRides is hosting a Gymkhana in Falkville.  This is a low-speed motorcycle handling course in which you can hone your cornering, turning, stopping and other skills on a controlled course. http://bamarides.com/ride/index.php?topic=1771.0

June 10th:  Flat Track racing at the Sheriff's arena in Athens.  Please see the event poster that Tom Schuman posted on our Facebook page.  Currently, Tom Schuman and Frank Costeglia are planning to race.  https://www.facebook.com/TNValleyflattrackers/

June 17th:  We'll do our monthly Garage Crawl.  This time, we're heading out to H&L Cycle Shop in Hazel Green, where owner Henry and Lead Mechanic Toby will give us a shop tour.  They specialize in Vintage Harleys, and always have a shop full of projects.  It's a really fun place to visit, and I know this will be a blast.

June 20-24:  Christian Motorcyclists Association's Eastern National Rally in Lewisburg, WV.  See the Forgiven Riders Chapter's Events page for more information.

June 23-4:  British in the Blue Ridge Rally in Hiawasee, GA at the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds.  Frank, Sean and others are planning to attend.  http://www.gabma.us/event/2017-bibr-rally/

June 24th:  At 5 pm the Veterans of America RC is holding their 5th Anniversary celebration at the Hot Spot Bar and Grill.  This event is open to any/all.

July 17-21:  International Norton Owners' Rally in Buena Vista, VA.  RJ and Garry Johnson are going.  Make reservations early if you wish to take part!

Hope all of you have a great week...See you Saturday!

Let's ride!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

norton73

Quote from: renchinrider on June 04, 2017, 10:10:41 PM

July 17-21:  International Norton Owners' Rally in Buena Vista, VA.  RJ and Garry Johnson are going.  Make reservations early if you wish to take part!

Let's ride!

My wife and I will be at the INOA rally, already registered. Great roads in that area, I helped map some of the rides when the Nation's Capital Norton Owners did the rally in 1999 at the same location.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

renchinrider

Glad to hear you can make it, Norton!  Though I've never owned a Norton myself, I get to voyeuristically enjoy them through the Norton owners in the NAVMC.  And, getting to see what they (and the BSAs and Matchless) looked and sounded like 100 years ago at last year's Motorcycle Cannonball was unforgettable.

I've only been to Buena Vista once, but I've done a bit of riding on the western stretches of U.S. 58 in VA, as well as several roads around Roanoke, and I know it's going to be a really great time for all of you...ENJOY!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!