News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Vintage Rider News - Rench's Rap for July 1st, 2017

Started by renchinrider, July 05, 2017, 08:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renchinrider

Hello, Everyone!

It's hard to believe that we're halfway through the summer already!  But we've had some great riding days, and the frequent rains have kept our area green and lush, which makes for some really enjoyable and scenic riding.

Saturday's ride to Lynchburg was really fun.  A big thanks to Dale for suggesting the event, and to both Frank and Buddy for leading legs of the ride to show us all some of the most beautiful and enjoyable touring routes in this area!  I heard a couple of recommendations from our riders for the Lemon Ice-Box Pie at the BBQ Caboose Cafe in Lynchburg, should you find yourself up that way and your sweet tooth is getting the better of you.

Here are the upcoming events I'm aware of:

July 8, 2017:  BMW Owners of AL Ride to Eat (RTE):  The BMWOA will be riding from BMW of Huntsville (Freedom Powersports) in Huntsville, AL to Triple R BBQ in Scottsboro, AL.  Riders will initially rally up at The Blue Plate Cafe II (7540 S. Memorial Pkwy) for breakfast at 8:00am. We will leave at 9:00am and head over to the dealer to see some new bikes and support the local Northern Alabama BMW Motorrad dealer.  Stands up at 10:00am from the dealer and we will be on our way to Triple R BBQ.  After lunch, for anyone who wants to join, we will be returning to the Yellowhammer Brewery for a post ride meeting to solve the world's problems.

Here are the important facts about the ride:

2nd Saturday RTE 7/8/17
    Our destination will be Triple R BBQ in Scottsboro, AL (arriving 12:00pm'ish)
    We will leave from BMW of Huntsville, AL – Stands up at 10:00am

July 17-21:  International Norton Owners' Rally in Buena Vista, VA.  RJ and Garry Johnson are going, along with "Norton 73" from Bamarides.  RJ reports that he's on track to have the Ultimate Norton Owner's RV ready to make the trip from Elkmont to Buena Vista for the event, though a Chrysler-savvy co-pilot would be welcome to ride along!  And, he's taking not one-- but two--of his cool bikes up there!  PM RJ on Facebook, or Norton 73 on Bamarides for more information, or to arrange a linkup in Buena Vista.

On July 18th, the Huntsville Chapter of the CMA will host their monthly Social Supper at Logan's on University at 6 pm.  This is an open event, and all are welcome.  I've been to several of these, and really enjoy them.

July 29th:  CMA Breakfast Ride.  Members of the Huntsville CMA Chapter are heading out to Western Sizzlin in Scottsboro for breakfast, KSU at 7:30am from Dunkin' Donuts on Memorial Parkway.  All are invited to join the ride.

July 30th - August 5th:  Loretta Lynn's Amateur Motocross championship in Hurricane Mills, TN!
http://mxsports.com/welcome

If any of you are aware of any other events that I need to post, please forward them to me at this email address, and I'll get them published, and add them to our Facebook events calendar.

Hope all of you enjoyed your 4th of July!  Ride safe, and see you Saturday!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

klaviator

There's a lot of good info in these posts.  I'm glad you keep posting them.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."