News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Vintage Rider News - Rench's Rap for July 8th, 2017

Started by renchinrider, July 09, 2017, 09:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renchinrider

Hello, Everyone!

Saturday was great for the NAVMC!  We had a doorbuster attendance at breakfast, and it was a great time catching up with old friends and learning what everyone has been up to.  Thanks to everyone who came out and shared in the morning revelry at Blue Plate II!

Here are our upcoming activities, with new additions in bold:

July 17-21:  International Norton Owners' Rally in Buena Vista, VA.  RJ and Garry Johnson are going, along with "Norton 73" from Bamarides.  RJ reports that the John Player Norton-Mobile is ready to make the trip to Buena Vista for the event, though the Chrysler-savvy co-pilot seat is still vacant.  PM RJ on Facebook, or Norton 73 on Bamarides for more information, or to arrange a linkup in Buena Vista.

On July 18th, the Huntsville Chapter of the CMA will host their monthly Social Supper at Logan's on University at 6 pm.  This is an open event, and all are welcome.  I've been to several of these, and really enjoy them.

July 29th:  CMA Breakfast Ride.  Members of the Huntsville CMA Chapter are heading out to Western Sizzlin in Scottsboro for breakfast, KSU at 7:30am from Dunkin' Donuts.  All are invited to join the ride.

July 30th to August 5th:  Loretta Lynn's Amateur Motocross championship in Hurricane Mills, TN.
http://mxsports.com/welcome

Please note that there's a new Indian Motorcycle Owners' Group forming in Huntsville.  They had their first gathering this morning.  For more information on date/time and location of the next meeting, please reply either to me or to Todd Yeager.

Sunday, August 13th.  Bama Rides' "Nice Goat" just announced his next "Ride for Pie".  The following is pasted in from Nice Goat's post:
This will be an all-street, family-friendly ride.  We will ride mostly two-lane back roads --- no interstate.  Ride will start at the Waffle House on Walker Chapel Road in Fultondale at 8:30 am.  There will be opportunities to cool off in Turkey Creek and take a short hike to Welti Falls (1/2 mile, not difficult).  Feel free to wear a swimsuit under your riding gear and/or bring tennis shoes for the hike.

We will end up in Cullman, where we will have authentic Mexican street tacos for lunch at Las Cebollitas ("The Little Onions").  Route will look something like this: https://goo.gl/maps/5KUXrQX124T2.  In the event that the restaurant does not serve pie, it might become a "Ride for Churros/Flan/Helado/whatever."   ;D

Please let me know if you are aware of any other events that I need to post, as always.  Many thanks, and see y'all Saturday!

Less rain this week...LET'S RIDE!!!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!