News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Weekday Dual-Sporting

Started by KevinB, August 30, 2017, 11:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinB

catang5oh

There is some great riding there. I grew up in Heflin, back before all those forest roads were closed to traffic. And yes, the definition of a county road there is quite different from most places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kylepeterson

that's a pretty nice ride report Kevin. I'm kind of surprised you didn't have to shoot your way out of your parking spot.... the mentality here is Alabama is so backwards compared to the rest of the country when it comes to enjoying the land around us....

and yes, it's easy to be awestruck when you're reminded over and over again that dirt bikes r bad, damage the world, eat babies and club baby seals if you get them near a forest, but logging trucks every quarter mile are just fine. spooky strange.

dredman

I amember a knarly-ass creek crossing on that route, but it seems like we went a gat or two to get to HP?

Fencejumper09

I have been on FS500 but never really explored the area. Maybe I should plan a weekend trip up there soon!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

kdtrull

Very nice, smooth video.  What camera, please? 

KevinB

lazeebum

What is the name of the second song in the video? And who does it?

KevinB

Carolina Blues by Blues Traveler...

Gam

First time I went down 224 I was on a wee strom, coming in from the uphill side, crossed the creek and got sideways in those ledges, it was hot as blazes and took me forever to get that pig straightened out, had to lay in the creek a while to cool off.