News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

HandleBar Lounge

Started by dredman, September 18, 2017, 09:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dredman

This is an "event" I would like to have weekly, if it works out.  Imagine a bike night - online.  Or what we call flashmobs, but on your computer.  We have had these hangouts before, years ago, and apparently they were pretty popular, so I would like to start having them again, if any of you are interested (and by interested, I mean show up).  And showing up only requires a computer or cell phone and Internet.

Some of us may NEVER meet.  If you think about it, it is really amazing any of us meet at all, EVER.  Especially if you live outside of central Alabama.  So what I would like to do is get a bit more involvement and personal connection, rather than the cold keyboard.  What do you think?

So what you will need:
-Internet
-Google Account (Gmail) to log in
-Video/Mic (optional) to engage in video discussion
-A few minutes to pop in and say Hi

There is chat option if you dont have video/mic or cell phone(who does not have a cell phone?

So I will post a link and you will click the link and log into the chat, and where it goes from there is up to whoever shows up (no politics please)

I will try to get the 1st one fired up tomorrow night, so look for the link, click, log in, join in the discussion - see some faces to go with the names.

And if you don't get connected the first time, try back again, or send me a PM and we can work out any tech isses before the next time.  Stay Tuned!

KrisCook

I remember out Hangouts fondly.  Looking forward to cranking them up again! 
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

Chuck & Susan

Quote from: dredman on September 18, 2017, 09:01:36 PM

There is chat option if you dont have video/mic or cell phone(who does not have a cell phone?

I have a cell Phone..... But not a smart phone..... Just a dumb old flip phone.... And I like it that way!!!  :respect-048:
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

springer

Will not work with the newest version of Firefox...that is the error I am getting. Error message;

Hangouts video and phone calls in Firefox

For some web browsers, including Firefox, Hangouts uses a plugin to enable video and phone calls.

Firefox is ending support for plugins, so Hangouts won't be able to support video and phone calls in Firefox until Hangouts is updated to resolve the problem. Google is working on a solution that will be available as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you can use one of these browsers when using Hangouts for voice and video calls:

Mozilla Firefox ESR
    Google Chrome
    Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE)
    Safari

If you use Hangouts for school or work, ask your administrator to download Mozilla Firefox ESR or a different browser. To find out if Hangouts works on Firefox again, check the Hangouts Help Center for updates.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

dredman

had issues with FF, Chrome is working great!

Microphone issues are the most common problems.

Use your phone, or download Chrome

springer

Quote from: dredman on September 19, 2017, 07:38:37 PM
had issues with FF, Chrome is working great!

Microphone issues are the most common problems.

Use your phone, or download Chrome
I will down load and try Chrome next time. Bed time for Bonzo now though.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.