News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Hello from the other L.A.

Started by markbxr400, October 09, 2017, 07:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markbxr400

New poster, old rider here from lower Alabama (between Fairhope and Foley). 

Just got back from Moab, where my son (Michigan) and I met up and did a week long dirt bike trip.  Picked up a trials bike also while up there, and spent a day with a guide learning to ride it.   Have been up to Michigan 5 times this year riding, and 4 times up to the Tail of the Dragon for on road and adventure riding.

Love riding, would like to find some local places to ride offroad.  I make the 175 mile trek to Meridian periodically to get a little better riding conditions than the sand and trees around me.  Also would love to find some other trials riders in the area to link up with.  Looks like the nearest trials clubs are in southern Florida and way northern Alabama and Tennessee.  Any trials riders down south?  Also up for some adventure rides.

Current bikes are:

2017 Husqvarna FE 501
2016 Beta EVO 300 4T trials
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere

Regards,

Mark

dredman

Great intro Mark, good to hear from you.  We have at least ONE thing in common - Moab - just spent 2 months over there trying real hard to kill myself  :crazy:
We should compare notes?

We have at least 3 trials guys here, maybe they will chime in?

We have several upcoming adventure rides up north, so keep an eye on Events, Dual Sport, Planned Rides and most importantly the calendar.  Welcome to Bama Rides and I hope to swap stories soon?

jrobinson

Welcome Mark. We have a couple street riders in your area. Watch for Flash Mobs near by.

There is a 3 day camp and dual sport ride coming up in Nov.

kdtrull

Welcome Mark....from way up in the top-left corner.  Sounds like it's time to move north!  :idea-013:

norton73

Welcome from north central Al.

There's a small group that used to ride trials bikes just north of bham, but I haven't ridden with them for a couple years. I sold my modern bike last fall, rebuilding my Bultaco vintage bike currently.
Best bet is to join the various Facebook trials groups to find riders in your area.
As you wrote, there is a very active club in North FL, and the STRA in GA and TN. All good folks that I enjoyed riding with when I was active.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Fencejumper09

Welcome to the Forum! Great selection of bikes too!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

renchinrider

Welcome from a Huntsville road rider.  Look forward to hearing more about your adventures!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Guidedawg

Welcome from Montgomery (originally from North Mobile County)  I'm a street rider, but am sure you can find some with like-minded interests!

skywayrider

Welcome from Cullman. I think you will fit right in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

VWCarlos

2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

RubyRider

Welcome, from Centreville. Some Really Cool Bikes you Have!

I have a GasGas TXT Pro 280.  :DANCING-banana-032:

But I just dont have much time to ride it. :thumb-down-012:

Maybe some time in the future we can get together for some Slo Mo Fun.  :bike-038:
If you aint smokin, you are eatin dust!

gulfcoaster

Welcome from down the street in Daphne. Well have to get up and ride sometime, preferably when it cools off. I ride an 1190, and just recently got a DR350 to see what the hype is about dirt riding. Doesn't seem to be much outside of sand and gravel down here for off road riding.