News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Hello from Ttown, roll tide.

Started by jerami.bailey, October 10, 2017, 04:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerami.bailey

Was told about this forum at work so I signed up and didn't post anything. Just got an email telling me I'm a lurker and I should post something so here I am.
   Names Jerami, I ride a Grom. Got it to be a pit bike with no real intention of riding it around town , but it's just too much fun. Everyone should have one of these.
    The real reason I'm here is because I heard this group has what I guess y'all are calling gymkhana and the Grom might be fun to bring to that. I do regularly autocross my car with a group in Huntsville and a group in Birmingham..

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

jerami.bailey

My car doing racecar things at a recent trip to road Atlanta

merc16

Welcome from nearby West Blocton. I've got a Kawasaki Z125. Maybe we can meet up soon for a "mini" ride .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

klaviator

Welcome from Huntsville.  I'm a big fan of small bikes.  The Grom looks like a blast.  I'm not sure when the next Gymkhana will be but the Grom will be perfect for it. 

There is also a Grom class in the True Grits Rally in Suches GA. coming up at the end of the month.  I'll be posting some info on that soon.

aliensandexiles@gmail.com

Welcome! I'm in Tuscaloosa, too. Currently riding a 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad---planning to upgrade to a KLR!!

KrisCook

Welcome, Jeramy, from Birmingham! I covet a little bike like that.
How did you get into car racing?
Glad to have you!
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

renchinrider

Quote from: klaviator on October 10, 2017, 04:11:13 PM
Welcome from Huntsville.  I'm a big fan of small bikes.  The Grom looks like a blast.  I'm not sure when the next Gymkhana will be but the Grom will be perfect for it. 

There is also a Grom class in the True Grits Rally in Suches GA. coming up at the end of the month.  I'll be posting some info on that soon.

Hi, Jerami, and welcome from another Huntsville rider.  If you scroll down to "Vintage Bikes" toward the bottom of the forum menu, I have the web address for the upcoming "True Grits" 50cc and Grom weekend rally that Klaviator is talking about.  It might be something you'd really enjoy!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

dredman

There were 2 groms at the last Gymkhana, and I did not ask them if they were having a good time, because they never stopped riding?  Neither of them could keep the front wheels on the ground, but they still kept dodging cones.  I guess that is my answer?

Welcome.

jrobinson

Welcome from N. Alabama.

There's a few pics from the Gymkhana - http://bamarides.com/ride/events/gymkhana-saturday-sept-23-2149/

1 of the photos of the Groms.

IceCold4x4

Welcome from birmingham. Plenty of guys here with smaller bikes and sounds like you've got some 125 sized bikes in the neighborhood, definitely  join a ride sometime.

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Guidedawg

Welcome from another Honda rider in Montgomery.

Okay, so my VTX1800 is a heavy cruiser but still fun in its own right ;)

jerami.bailey

Quote from: KrisCook on October 10, 2017, 06:26:21 PM
Welcome, Jeramy, from Birmingham! I covet a little bike like that.
How did you get into car racing?
Glad to have you!
It's sports car club of America(scca), mostly.
Motorsports reg.com list almost all the racing events. You know how it is, I had a friend get me involved and it continued from there.

jerami.bailey

Quote from: merc16 on October 10, 2017, 04:07:54 PM
Welcome from nearby West Blocton. I've got a Kawasaki Z125. Maybe we can meet up soon for a "mini" ride .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
There's a group of car guys the meet every friday In the parking lot next to red lobster and toys r us, I go out there some times. Pretty much just hang out and talk crap till everyone leaves. Feel free to come out anytime.

merc16

Thanks Jerami ! I look forward to that. Hopefully we can get some kind of T-town ride going soon. Today's weather sucks though.
Justin