News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

anyof you guys ride year-round?

Started by skypuppy, November 15, 2017, 02:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Tobyone

I prefer 70 to 75 degrees!  That limits me to one week a year down here.    So 50 to 90 is bearable..(lower humidity helps)
R1200R
CRF450L

aliensandexiles@gmail.com

I only skip the days with ice. Otherwise, I focus on the days of the week that end in "Y" only.

LawnmowerRG

You find the right place for riding.
I am in the Bham area and have been on and lead Rides in the rain, cold, dark, and heat.
I usually try to avoid ice, but outside of that I'm game when I have time.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

IceCold4x4

I've found that good set of heated grips goes a long long way as far as dealing with the cold.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

David DoubleEX

Quote from: IceCold4x4 on November 18, 2017, 07:44:27 AM
I've found that good set of heated grips goes a long long way as far as dealing with the cold.

I opted for the heated gloves. Yes! Ive been able to ride down to 18f before. That was intense.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

IceCold4x4

Quote from: David DoubleEX on November 18, 2017, 08:09:32 AM
I opted for the heated gloves. Yes! Ive been able to ride down to 18f before. That was intense.

Ya below 30 I'm generally out unless I'm riding to work (about 15 min) and it's supposed to warm up later.

David DoubleEX

Quote from: IceCold4x4 on November 18, 2017, 08:10:25 AM
Ya below 30 I'm generally out unless I'm riding to work (about 15 min) and it's supposed to warm up later.

I make stupid decisions to ride. That was the coldest I had ever been in. We got some snow back when I still had my ninja 500... The temp had rose up enough to have clear roads but the driveway was still slowed. Pushed the bike through snow to ride!

polarissalesman

"keep the rubber side down"