News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sport Ride, Monday Nov. 20th

Started by KevinB, November 18, 2017, 06:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinB

Dual-Sport ride, Monday Nov. 20th.

Where - Meet at the Shell station on Walker Chapel Rd. in Fultondale...exit 267off I-65. It's going to be chilly that morning...if you want to haul to Fultondale, you can park on the backside of Ashley Furniture in the neighboring shopping center.

Time - 10:30am

We'll ride for several hours in the Coalburg/I-22 area. Nothing too gnarly (we'll likely have a newb on a DR650), but there are some bitchin' hill climbs available if you want to try 'em.

DonJuan

I plan on joining in if I get some pro tapers put on tonight.
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

KevinB

I bumped the time to 10:30...hopefully it'll warm up just a bit more by then.  :)

bblass

Looking forward to this tomorrow! Ought to be great once it warms up
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

KevinB

Fun ride today...thanks to Ben, Drew, Donny and Kyle for coming out!

kylepeterson

there's so much fun to be had in Alabama :-)

just give 'er the berries !

Slede

it's probably just me but I can never see kevin's pictures on this or the previous forum, that said, I usually catch them on fb
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

2smoke

DonJuan

Had a great time. KLRs are heavy bastages, maybe I'll have the KDX up and going soon.

Kyle, the brave one, on a hill climb.

When I met bblass this morning, he said "that is too clean for an adv bike."  We fixed that, directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

KevinB

You and Drew took those heavy bastages in some places I wouldn't have wanted to. Toward the end, I found the trail with the 3-foot deep ruts to be crossed and figured I'd go back and tell y'all we'd skip that trail...only to find y'all right on my a$$.  :)

bblass

This was a great ride in an area I'd never been to before. Many thanks to KevinB for putting it together! Drew should be on here tomorrow. This weekend and today set the hook pretty deep!

dknx

I have joined! Had a great time, thanks for letting me tag along.

Fencejumper09

Quote from: dknx on November 21, 2017, 01:03:37 PM
I have joined! Had a great time, thanks for letting me tag along.

Now go fill out an introduction, with pictures!

Do it!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

bblass

Welcome dknx! If you look through the dual sport forum sometime you'll find you're in a few of the videos from the Helena wildlife management area.

When you post your intro pictures make sure to include one of the challenger. This is a motorcycle forum but we still appreciate 70s muscle!

IceCold4x4

And your previous bike as it was at least pretty and people will understand the mechanical suffering....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk