News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Single Cylinder Sons of Speed Racer

Started by Deadly Dave, November 20, 2017, 12:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadly Dave

This is my 1921 Harley-Davidson Model J racer. The frame is an accurate reproduction of the Keystone rigid racing frame used by the Harley-Davidson Factory Racing Team between 1916-29. The fork is a rigid girder style factory racing fork. Wheels are modern sealed bearing flat track hubs using 21" rims & Avon Speed Master Tires.

The motor is an original 21J V twin 61ci. motor which has had the rear cylinder, rod, & piston removed to make a 30.50ci/500cc racing single. It uses a total loss battery powered points ignition, with a VM Mikuni carburetor. The rules allow for the use of modern wheels, tires, and carburetors, and reproduction frames for safety purposes. The drive train is direct chain drive, with no clutch, or transmission.

springer

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

kylepeterson

Quote from: Deadly Dave on November 20, 2017, 12:58:06 PM
This is my 1921 Harley-Davidson Model J racer. The frame is an accurate reproduction of the Keystone rigid racing frame used by the Harley-Davidson Factory Racing Team between 1916-29. The fork is a rigid girder style factory racing fork. Wheels are modern sealed bearing flat track hubs using 21" rims & Avon Speed Master Tires.

The motor is an original 21J V twin 61ci. motor which has had the rear cylinder, rod, & piston removed to make a 30.50ci/500cc racing single. It uses a total loss battery powered points ignition, with a VM Mikuni carburetor. The rules allow for the use of modern wheels, tires, and carburetors, and reproduction frames for safety purposes. The drive train is direct chain drive, with no clutch, or transmission.

but you look so unhappy in the picture, like you need something new and shiny to make you complete ?

not !

that's pretty cool man, I don't have the balls to ride anything that is right hand shift, clutchless, or has hooves. well done other things too, but mostly those.

cool bike!
just give 'er the berries !

2smoke

WOW! Speechless!  ??? Beautiful bike Dave! Hope you can bring it to our booth at next years Vintage Fest. My 72 Suzuki 185 needs a break from: Is it for sale?  :D

norton73

Nice.

Hope to attend an event where you're running it.
Loose nut holding the handlebars