Let me introduce you to the New BamaRides

Started by jrobinson, September 25, 2015, 09:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinB

Argh Oh

Thanks for this information/plan Johnny. Like everyone else I really appreciate all your efforts and hope the rough spots from the past can be smoothed over, I never understood what appeared to be pissing contests for no reason. Like some others I had some questions bouncing around in my head also. But, as you've said, water under the bridge. I know you're working on getting and keeping the mechanics of running the site to the best point you can, who would want to go through this again?
It's been really good to see how many folks got back on so quickly and hopefully it will continue. I'll be able to post several belated reports and things soon too as my adventure continues. I've gained more from this site than I can ever effectively express.
Thanks to all involved in the reboot!

I'll be over here polishing, riding, tuning, farkling and trying to have said riding suck less.

TFancher

Johnny ,Sandy and I had a good conversation about this on the Junkyard dog ride. JR is truly dedicated to seeing this community reunited. I hope this is a "kinder, gentler" BR in the future.
  Let's all reflect on what brought us here in the first place. We all share at least one thing. The love of motorcycles. The people I have met and the friends I have made are a DIRECT RESULT of Don and BamaRides. I'd never met any of you otherwise. I'd likely never have done any of the things that I wrote ride reports about without the encouragement of this community. Say/think what you want about the Yeti, but remember he's the one who started this whole thing. Crashing it on purpose would be like burning down your house to spite your neighbors. I'm just glad it's back.
"Can't we all just get along?"
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

RubyRider

Quote from: TFancher on October 08, 2015, 08:03:31 PM
  Let's all reflect on what brought us here in the first place. We all share at least one thing. The love of motorcycles. The people I have met and the friends I have made are a DIRECT RESULT of Don and BamaRides. I'd never met any of you otherwise.

I agree.   This used to be a GREAT PLACE TO HANG OUT WITH LIKE MINDED PEEPS.

I hope it evolves back into that same kind of place again soon.
If you aint smokin, you are eatin dust!

kamo

Thank you all for your efforts .I will miss the old pics and resource material but I am glad we have a forum again THANKS

basketcase

Due to work changes, a physical move to another town, and some health issues I have been off-line for a while and did not know all this. Then when I went to log in and it said "no such username" I was like "what?"

So thanks for the explanation. I'm glad to see it back up and running.

Current rides: 2001 GL1800; Gone away: 5 BMW's, 4 Honda's, 3 Suzuki's
------------
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -Marcus Aurelius